I want a guarantee that Rose is going to right the ship and make the NCAA tournament next season. That's the guarantee that I want. Was there a guarantee that Rose was going to be better than Cleveland when he took over? What was Rose's resume at that point when he took over? Sometimes a change in direction/leadership is needed. It doesn't mean that Rose is a bad person and hasn't done good things.
No change is guaranteed to be bettor or worse, but here are some potential names that I've seen (I'm not advocating for any one of these):
Mark Pope - Utah Valley coach
Jon Judkins - Dixie State coach
Barret Peery - Portland State coach
Alex Jensen - Utah Jazz assistant
Mark Madsen - LA Lakers assistant
Spencer Nelson - Utah State assistant
Tim LaComb - BYU assistant
Quincy Lewis - BYU assistant
In my mind if we were to bring in a new coach and he were to "only" get 19 wins next season, then he has done no worse than Rose the past 3 seasons