T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug...and making it to the big dance! Oh baby! Win tonight and we are in!
I am not nearly as informed as some, but here are my takeaways from St. Mary's that must apply again tonight.
1. Bench play. All compliments to Yoeli and Eli for delivering, but the quality from Nixon and a few others off the bench was Trump-esque yuuuuuuge. Must have it again. Seljaas too, please hit a few 3s off the bench.
2. TJ Haws. Get him to 10+ points and something like 6+ assists and we have a great shot.
3. Luke Worthington. His D on Landale was a tone setter which the rest of the team fed on. I don't recall the leading scorers for ghe zags, but having the same kind of intensity from Luke, and we have a great shot.
4. Win or go home. The Zags are already in the big dance, and BYU is not without the W. I think this helps BYU.
5. Gonzaga winning again. I think it is hard for Gonzaga to pin down a hungry BYU team another time. This one has the feel of the regular season finale from last year when the Zags were #1. Only BYU and UNC beat them. And that is awesome. In college hoops there is something extra hard about consistently beating a good matchup, which BYU and Gonzaga are.
It's March baby! Take us to the dance Coach Rose! Beating two top tier teams AND winning the tourney to get there would be like, the coolest.
I am not nearly as informed as some, but here are my takeaways from St. Mary's that must apply again tonight.
1. Bench play. All compliments to Yoeli and Eli for delivering, but the quality from Nixon and a few others off the bench was Trump-esque yuuuuuuge. Must have it again. Seljaas too, please hit a few 3s off the bench.
2. TJ Haws. Get him to 10+ points and something like 6+ assists and we have a great shot.
3. Luke Worthington. His D on Landale was a tone setter which the rest of the team fed on. I don't recall the leading scorers for ghe zags, but having the same kind of intensity from Luke, and we have a great shot.
4. Win or go home. The Zags are already in the big dance, and BYU is not without the W. I think this helps BYU.
5. Gonzaga winning again. I think it is hard for Gonzaga to pin down a hungry BYU team another time. This one has the feel of the regular season finale from last year when the Zags were #1. Only BYU and UNC beat them. And that is awesome. In college hoops there is something extra hard about consistently beating a good matchup, which BYU and Gonzaga are.
It's March baby! Take us to the dance Coach Rose! Beating two top tier teams AND winning the tourney to get there would be like, the coolest.

