Archived Topic

BYU vs San Diego

by tmoney35 · 3/3/2018

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Building a cushion early in the second half. Officials are making this game almost unwatchable. Blowing the whistle for every little thing. I swear the last 2 minutes of the first half took an hour (felt like it anyway). I hate watching games like this.
G
Guest
BYU up by 2 with 1 minute to play.
S
scott715
Won 85 79. Offense was better, less defense. Maybe due to all of the foul calls.
B
BoiseBYU
60 FTS. Ebbs and flows. A win is a win. I’ll take it.
S
scott715
Is there a replay? I missed the first half due to a meeting. Who were the heroes?
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
scott715 wrote:

Is there a reply? I missed the first half due to a meeting. Who were the heroes?

Elijah scored at will in the first half. Nixon was strong off the bench. Childs was solid all around. TJ made some very clutch FTs.
G
Gunk
Was at the game. Was super frustrating to watch. Whole stadium was groaning.



Glad we pulled it off.



Was really hoping that Pepperdine would have pulled off the upset, but it is what it is.



I will say this, only fans at today's get were Gonzaga and BYU fans. It's depressing how few fans the other teams have.
N
nuk13
Gunk, what about St. Mary's? Didn't they have fans there? If this is the way of it I am for going back to the Mountain West in all our sports.
G
Gunk
nuk13 wrote:

Gunk, what about St. Mary's? Didn't they have fans there? If this is the way of it I am for going back to the Mountain West in all our sports.


Nope. There were more SMC cheerleaders there than SMC fans. So pathetic. SMC has a top 25 team and they couldn't even fill a single section of the stadium.



Check out SMC's enthusiastic mascot: https://twitter.com/GAKunkel/status/970197221487476736?s=19



WCC tourney is nothing compared to the energy of the MWC tourney.



I went to all four games yesterday. Only teams that had any sort fan presence were GU and BYU. And, I will say this. For every 1 BYU fan there were 2 GU fans. GU really is carrying the entire league. Their school, their fan base, etc.
N
nuk13
That is a sad state of affairs.
Advertisement
B
BlueK
San Diego's style is meant to make the game ugly. This time BYU matched them with the physical play.
F
frdbtr
The word is out. Started by Pacific, if you want to get into BYU's head and get them off their game, get physical. BYU is just not interested in playing physical. I hope that changes as this core of players matures. As far as BYU matching the physical play of SD, that is the only reason they pulled this game out.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.