Archived Topic

Spring Camp 2018

by scott715 · 3/3/2018

Advertisement
F
Fido
970717085251899392
F
Fido
970720714515869696
F
Fido
970765176680038400
Advertisement
G
Guest
This is what I've been hearing so far about practice:



Discipline

Fast paced

Hard work

Moving quickly between drills

No leisure time / partying / goofing around

Accountability



Beau Hoge said today that he was happy to see practices go back to what they were like previously because more stuff was getting done and players were being held to a higher standard.



These are things I think will be beneficial for the Cougars.
G
Gunk
I think Jarom is wrong. Sounds like Grimes wants a pass first QB and if that QB happens to be able to make a play or two with their feet, great. Doesn't sound like Grimes wants a dual-threat.
F
Fido
Here are guys who are no longer in the program this spring:

OL LeRoy Sitake-Tanoa'i

WR Taggart Krueger

TE Hunter Marshall

OL Oaks Morley

DB Tommy Nelson

DL Cody Savage

DB Young Tanner

DL Solomone Wolfgramm



Never joined the program after their mission:

DE/OLB Uepi Kaufusi - Pre-mission he was going to decide to walk on at either BYU or Utah and had been recruited by Weber State as well.
S
SpiffCoug
Gunk wrote:

I think Jarom is wrong. Sounds like Grimes wants a pass first QB and if that QB happens to be able to make a play or two with their feet, great. Doesn't sound like Grimes wants a dual-threat.


Agreed. Grimes twice lists his priorities. And the "dual-threat" is mentioned third both times. And it includes qualifiers both times. "Beyond that..." and "Lastly..." don't shout we want a dual-threat.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I think the best QBs can throw the ball well first and can get out of trouble second. I don't want a running back who can throw the ball reasonably well, I want a QB who can run the ball reasonably well.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.