S
scott715Archived Topic
Infiniti ESPN Final 4 Vote Rose
by scott715 · 2/26/2018
Advertisement
G
GunkDid it.
E
EM_PumaISU is starting out like gang busters in this new round.
S
scott715I think tweets are part of the voting. When Rose made his move a lot of tweets were going around.
E
EM_Pumascott715 wrote:
I think tweets are part of the voting. When Rose made his move a lot of tweets were going around.
I've still never Tweeted. Not saying that I never will, I'm sure I will, but just haven't had to yet. So in Tweeting, is it just like going online and voting from each browser you use, so you could likewise tweet from every browser you had on your cell?
Advertisement
G
GunkEM_Puma wrote:
I think tweets are part of the voting. When Rose made his move a lot of tweets were going around.
I've still never Tweeted. Not saying that I never will, I'm sure I will, but just haven't had to yet. So in Tweeting, is it just like going online and voting from each browser you use, so you could likewise tweet from every browser you had on your cell?
Probably. My guess is they are looking at how much the URL is being shared on Twitter.
Love me some Twitter.
E
EM_PumaGeez, that's a messed up Leader Board presentation. After voting this morning it shows:
Dave Rose
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
140 % 1.64
CURRENT STANDING
1 OF 4
Steve Prohm
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
130 % 1.48
CURRENT STANDING
2 OF 4
Matt Painter
PURDUE UNIVERSITY
108 % 1.41
CURRENT STANDING
3 OF 4
Archie Miller
INDIANA UNIVERSITY
94 % 1.2
CURRENT STANDING
4 OF 4
None of those numbers add up to 100%, but possibly the 140, 130, 108 & 94 are the number of votes at a given time. When that given time is, it's hard to say, but probably not a current tabulation of votes. That would make some sense then in how the results are displayed. Just guessing.
Dave Rose
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
140 % 1.64
CURRENT STANDING
1 OF 4
Steve Prohm
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
130 % 1.48
CURRENT STANDING
2 OF 4
Matt Painter
PURDUE UNIVERSITY
108 % 1.41
CURRENT STANDING
3 OF 4
Archie Miller
INDIANA UNIVERSITY
94 % 1.2
CURRENT STANDING
4 OF 4
None of those numbers add up to 100%, but possibly the 140, 130, 108 & 94 are the number of votes at a given time. When that given time is, it's hard to say, but probably not a current tabulation of votes. That would make some sense then in how the results are displayed. Just guessing.
E
EM_PumaOK, finally sent my first Tweet #Timeout2Vote #CoachDaveRose. Here I had a Twitter account and I didn't even know it.
S
scott7153 votes per day on twitter or instagram. Retweets count. That is how to get a lot of votes quickly.
G
GunkEM_Puma wrote:
OK, finally sent my first Tweet #Timeout2Vote #CoachDaveRose. Here I had a Twitter account and I didn't even know it.
Welcome to the twitter-verse. Tweet responsibly.
Advertisement
S
scott715in 1st place
E
EM_PumaNow having voyaged through the twitter-verse, I'll just never be the same.
Rose was in 1st this morning as I voted.
Rose was in 1st this morning as I voted.
E
EM_PumaHelp me in this twitter-verse. Kyle Van Noy tweeted, "RT once per day #CoachDaveRose #Timeout2Vote". I've seen others state that you can "tweet" and you can "retweet".
1st, was does the "RT" in his message mean? Retweet?
2nd, daily if I go to Twitter and type "#Timeout2Vote #CoachDaveRose" and that only, is that being counted by Infiniti as a vote? Does it matter the order of those 2 hash tags? KVN had them reversed.
3rd, I notice at the bottom of some tweets there is an icon to "retweet". If you click on those, does that count as a vote by Infiniti also? Is that what they mean by retweeting?
I'm just trying to understand the means whereby I can make as many votes daily as possible. I love the challenge of this and that cougar nation is rising up to do this at this time.
1st, was does the "RT" in his message mean? Retweet?
2nd, daily if I go to Twitter and type "#Timeout2Vote #CoachDaveRose" and that only, is that being counted by Infiniti as a vote? Does it matter the order of those 2 hash tags? KVN had them reversed.
3rd, I notice at the bottom of some tweets there is an icon to "retweet". If you click on those, does that count as a vote by Infiniti also? Is that what they mean by retweeting?
I'm just trying to understand the means whereby I can make as many votes daily as possible. I love the challenge of this and that cougar nation is rising up to do this at this time.
M
MarsA tweet is your new post. A retweet is you re-posting another's post. Both count for this contest. And the order of the hashtags doesn't matter, just their inclusion.
E
EM_PumaMars wrote:
A tweet is your new post. A retweet is you re-posting another's post. Both count for this contest. And the order of the hashtags doesn't matter, just their inclusion.
So someone could go through all the tweets they find with those 2 hashtags in the body of the message, hit the retweet button, and each of those counts as a vote?
Advertisement
G
GuestEM_Puma wrote:
A tweet is your new post. A retweet is you re-posting another's post. Both count for this contest. And the order of the hashtags doesn't matter, just their inclusion.
So someone could go through all the tweets they find with those 2 hashtags in the body of the message, hit the retweet button, and each of those counts as a vote?
There's a tweet limit per day, I think 3?
M
MarsEM_Puma wrote:
A tweet is your new post. A retweet is you re-posting another's post. Both count for this contest. And the order of the hashtags doesn't matter, just their inclusion.
So someone could go through all the tweets they find with those 2 hashtags in the body of the message, hit the retweet button, and each of those counts as a vote?
Up to 3 times per day, yes.
E
EM_PumaWell he's in 1st place this morning.
And again tonight. He has 35% of the vote. Well done Cougar nation!
And again tonight. He has 35% of the vote. Well done Cougar nation!
G
GunkEM_Puma wrote:
Well he's in 1st place this morning.
And again tonight. He has 35% of the vote. Well done Cougar nation!
You inspire us, EM Puma.
E
EM_PumaCoach Rose has 36% of vote this morning with 8 days of voting to go.
1- Dave Rose, Brigham Young University-36%
2-Steve Prohm, Iowa State University (the school whose student body worked most to keep us out of the B12)-29%
3-Archie Miller, Indiana University-19%
4-Matt Painter, Purdue University-15%
1- Dave Rose, Brigham Young University-36%
2-Steve Prohm, Iowa State University (the school whose student body worked most to keep us out of the B12)-29%
3-Archie Miller, Indiana University-19%
4-Matt Painter, Purdue University-15%
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

