Archived Topic

2018 WR Preview

by scott715 · 2/10/2018

Advertisement
S
scott715
Now we can add Collie to the mix
A
ABYUFAN
I've been disappointed with our receivers so long that these lists just depress me. I read them and think - "he's our number one or two option? We're in for a long year"
S
scott715
We have the Collie transfer and a couple of freshmen coming in that should help. Romney was a 4 star or close to 4.
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
I just want to see some fight out of our receivers. After the past couple years, I would trade speed and skill for a guy that will just fight tooth-and-nail everytime the ball is in the air.
R
redneckjedi
tmoney35 wrote:

I just want to see some fight out of our receivers. After the past couple years, I would trade speed and skill for a guy that will just fight tooth-and-nail everytime the ball is in the air.


This! Reminds me of Eric Drage. He wasn't big or fast, but he was going to get that ball no matter what it took. Those are the kinds of receivers that made the quarterback factory possible. Possibly because we couldn't get any other kind, but they sure got the job done.
C
CrimsonCoug
More recently, that's guys like Nate Miekle, Austin Collie and Dan Coates and Dennis Pitta who made John Beck and Max Hall look good. JD Falslev had some of that--not tall, fast or big, but his routes were good enough and his fight was tenacious.



While we're dreaming of, I also wouldn't mind a Fullback that could catch out of the back field like Manase Tonga.
F
frdbtr
tmoney35 wrote:

I just want to see some fight out of our receivers. After the past couple years, I would trade speed and skill for a guy that will just fight tooth-and-nail everytime the ball is in the air.


This, we haven't had any toughness at receiver since Austin Collie. the 2015 guys had a lot of fight but not enough(they made a freshman QB look good though). Give tough slow precise route running receivers any day over the "pillows and feathers" that we've had for years.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
ABYUFAN wrote:

I've been disappointed with our receivers so long that these lists just depress me. I read them and think - "he's our number one or two option? We're in for a long year"


+1
M
Mars
I have hope for our receivers right now.



Simon, Hifo, Collie at WR.

Bushman, MLP, Holker at TE.
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:

I have hope for our receivers right now.



Simon, Hifo, Collie at WR.

Bushman, MLP, Holker at TE.


I have hope... I have no faith.
R
redneckjedi
ABYUFAN wrote:


I have hope for our receivers right now.



Simon, Hifo, Collie at WR.

Bushman, MLP, Holker at TE.


I have hope... I have no faith.


What about charity? 2 out of 3 ain't bad, and they may need some of that... ;)
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.