Archived Topic

BYU hires another coach on offense

by Fido · 2/7/2018

Advertisement
F
Fido
https://byucougars.com/story/football/1283617/BYU-football-adds-AJ-Steward-as-running-backs-coach

https://byucougars.com/dl//sites/default/files/styles/main_story_and_headline_images/public/Regular_Photo/Steward_AJ_1920.jpg?itok=L53LR_tE" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


961025588604542981

The addition of Steward, who comes to BYU from Rice University in Houston, finalizes the BYU coaching staff. Grimes, the offensive coordinator, will lead the offense with Aaron Roderick as passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Fesi Sitake will serve as the wide receivers coach and Steve Clark will continue to coach the tight ends. Ryan Pugh will coach the offensive line with Steward as the running backs coach.
F
Fido
As previously announced, the defensive staff looks like this:

With the addition of Hadley to the defensive staff [as safeties coach], assistant head coach Ed Lamb will move from safeties to coach linebackers while defensive coordinator ‘Ilaisa Tuiaki and Jernaro Gilford will maintain their position assignments with the defensive line and cornerbacks, respectively. Sitake, as head coach, will also assist in coaching the defense in 2018.
G
Guest
It's about time!
S
snoscythe
Well, Kalani finally hired someone we don't know enough about to be angry about it.
M
Mars
Left. Field.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I'm confused. He didn't play at BYU nor is he related to anyone currently coaching at BYU. Just what are this guy's qualifications?
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:

I'm confused. He didn't play at BYU nor is he related to anyone currently coaching at BYU. Just what are this guy's qualifications?


I'm just waiting for someone to whine about him not ever playing the position he is coaching, because that obviously means he is less qualified than the guy he is replacing.
F
frdbtr
Sounds like a Grimes hire. No one knows who he is so he must be someone that Grimes wanted.
B
byufan4ever
snoscythe wrote:

Well, Kalani finally hired someone we don't know enough about to be angry about it.


:lol:
S
scott715
I think he is a cousin (Just kidding)
Advertisement
S
Sharper
Good interview with Steward. Makes it clear this is a Grimes hire (and not a pre-existing friendship with anyone on staff) and one of the primary benefits is his Texas recruiting experience.
M
mtnradio
I like that he is a Grimes hire. It suggests that Grimes is being given some authority. I LOVE that none of us know anything about him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.