Archived Topic

2019 Football schedule now set

by Fido · 1/19/2018

Advertisement
F
Fido
USF announced today that their game vs BYU which was scheduled for 2021 has been moved up to 2019. The game @ BYU which was scheduled for 2022 has moved up to 2021. This makes 12 games now for 2019 and 10 games in 2021. http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/01/usf-byu-change-future-football-series-dates/



2019 Football Schedule

THU, 8/29 Utah

SAT, 9/7 @ Tennessee

SAT, 9/14 USC

SAT, 9/21 Washington

SAT, 9/28 @ Toledo

FRI, 10/4 BYE

SAT, 10/12 @ USF

SAT, 10/19 Boise State

SAT, 10/26 BYE

SAT, 11/2 @ Utah State

SAT, 11/9 Liberty

SAT, 11/16 Idaho State

SAT, 11/23 @ UMass

SAT, 11/30 @ San Diego State



Bowl tie in: Hawaii Bowl
F
Fido
2020 only needs 1 more home game and there is no FCS team on the schedule yet.

2021 needs 1 more away game and 1 more home game with no FCS team on the schedule yet.
S
SenorCougar
Isn’t the Utah Utes a FCS team??
F
Fido
SenorCougar wrote:

Isn’t the Utah Utes a FCS team??


That kind of joke will be funnier if we actually beat them every once in a while. ;)
C
CrimsonCoug
I'm not sure I like that we play the Utes back to back--last game of 2018 and first game of 2019. It's all anyone will talk about in the off-season. Win or lose, that will get a bit stale.
Advertisement
S
screamineagle2
I sure hope we show some improvement in 2018 because this schedule has disaster written all over it.
M
mtnradio
the 2019 schedule could make this past year look easy. What a first 4 games ... IF we have a decent team by then. I wonder if that will the first year of a new staff?



- EDIT -

I just looked at 2018, 2019, 2020 schedules ... HOLY COW! These are the kinds of schedules that Bronco kept saying he wanted! BUT, I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to perform well. Maybe I shouldn't be so down on them, but the truth is, after talking to guys on this year's team ... there isn't much optimism. I haven't heard anyone that was on the team think that letting Ty go was the right decision ... he was the scapegoat. That worries me, because it reflects on Kalani. He doesn't have the team's confidence. MAYBE the changes made will do that ... MAYBE taking a real role with the defense will help do that (and give Grimes the freedom to do what he wants). Time will tell ... but for the first time that I remember, I am not optimistic about the next few years of BYU Football.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.