S
scott715Archived Topic
Tweet of the Day from U of TX site: Burnt Orange Nation
by scott715 · 1/15/2018
Advertisement
S
scott715J
JarheadI didn't realize Taysom Hill was playing special teams for the Saints. It sounds like he's making a bit of a name for himself. And of course, the University of Texas will never forget him.
S
SpiffCougHe's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
F
frdbtrSpiffCoug wrote:
He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
I can't remember where I read it but I thought I read the HC for the Saints make the statement that Taysom Hill was their future at QB.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Greenfrdbtr wrote:
He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
I can't remember where I read it but I thought I read the HC for the Saints make the statement that Taysom Hill was their future at QB.
Yeah, a lot of teams let their future QBs play special teams...
(I'm happy for Taysom, he is under contract for a year and they are likely to keep him. But let's not get carried away).
Here is probably the article you are looking for when Sean Payton addresses it:
J
JarheadBrayden Green wrote:SpiffCoug wrote:
He's currently the #3 QB for the Saints. Their #2 QB is an unrestricted free agent. There's a good chance, if he performed well over the season in the limited reps he got, that they could let Chase Daniel walk and Taysom becomes the #2 and possible heir-apparent to Drew Brees.
I can't remember where I read it but I thought I read the HC for the Saints make the statement that Taysom Hill was their future at QB.
Yeah, a lot of teams let their future QBs play special teams...
(I'm happy for Taysom, he is under contract for a year and they are likely to keep him. But let's not get carried away).
Here is probably the article you are looking for when Sean Payton addresses it:http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_3c8f3a12-d92a-11e7-a822-1f4d37d54242.html
I don't think anybody is "getting carried away" here. Everything they posted is pretty accurate with what has been coming out from non-BYU related sources. The announcers from fox said that they spent more time talking about Taysom Hill with Sean Payton than any other player. They also said that Sean Payton indicated to them that the Saints quarterback of the future was already in the building, so to speak. Then later on, Sean Payton downplayed those potential remarks. Who knows what he really said; the announcers may be exaggerating what he said, or Payton may just be trying to downplay anything he said behind closed doors.
No one on this board is saying that Taysom is definitely going to be the next starting QB for the saints; however, there are some good reports coming out which seem to indicate that the future is bright for Taysom Hill.
F
frdbtrCracks me up how someone (I) can come on here and make a statement like "I read" or "I heard on the news" and the very next poster says "dude! don't get carried away! Like I just proclaimed Taysom hill the next NFL MVP.
Oh and the fact that Taysom Hill volunteered to play special teams and then promptly blew it up doing it, has gained him respect as a football player by his teammates that the #2 QB will never get.
Oh and the fact that Taysom Hill volunteered to play special teams and then promptly blew it up doing it, has gained him respect as a football player by his teammates that the #2 QB will never get.
C
Cougarfan87frdbtr wrote:
Cracks me up how someone (I) can come on here and make a statement like "I read" or "I heard on the news" and the very next poster says "dude! don't get carried away! Like I just proclaimed Taysom hill the next NFL MVP.
Oh and the fact that Taysom Hill volunteered to play special teams and then promptly blew it up doing it, has gained him respect as a football player by his teammates that the #2 QB will never get.
Calm down, dude. It's not like two tackles is going to make him the next NFL MVP or something. ;)
G
GunkTaysom Hill won the Super Bowl!
Advertisement
J
JarheadGunk wrote:
Taysom Hill won the Super Bowl!
I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I saw somewhere that Taysom Hill was the Super Bowl MVP.
:crazy:
M
mtnradioJarhead wrote:
Taysom Hill won the Super Bowl!
I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I saw somewhere that Taysom Hill was the Super Bowl MVP.
:crazy:
I'm sure I just heard the announcers say that Taysom Hill has been nominated for the NFL Hall of Fame! :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

