M
Marshttp://byu.scout.com/2/937321.html
"Travis Tuiloma committed to BYU almost 10 months ago without the benefit of an unofficial visit... That all changes this coming weekend, as heâll board a plane to head out West for the first time and see the school and football facilities while meeting his future teammates and many of the coaches for the very first time...
Travis Tuiloma is a 6-foot-3-inch, 290-pound defensive tackle recruit from Washburn Rural High School in Topeka, Kansas. He committed to BYU after the strong recommendation of his family members, who had forged a strong relationship with Cougar assistant coach Steve Kaufusi.
...Other schools have come calling since his commit, but he summarily shut them all down, holding true to his BYU commit. âI get letters all the time and coaches asking about me, but I donât care, Iâm going to BYU.â
Tuiloma will be vying for a spot at nose tackle while at BYU and is anxious to show what he can do. On the heels of a season where he was a consensus First-Team All-State selection, heâs feeling more confident about his game than ever... His biggest complaint heading into this past season was the consistent double and triple teams heâd face as offenses made concerted efforts to run away from him. Due to some good coaching with his technique, Tuiloma was better able to get inside of blocks while pursuing plays that were run away from him.
Recently Tuiloma received an in-home visit from Coaches Kaufusi and Hill. They met with him all night and left him with a great feeling of what is in store for him at BYU. âIt was great, they stayed until very late and we just talked about everything," he said. âCoaches stressed to me that keeping in shape is the best thing I can do in order to contribute and play right away. Iâve been doing that and Iâm going to be in the best shape that I can be by the time I get there. I want to compete and show them that I can play right away.â
Tuiloma will still be only 17 years old when he arrives at BYU and is mulling the decision whether to play either one full year or two years before serving his planned mission. In being so young, he really believes that his best days are ahead of him.
âI feel so much more confident about my play now than I did before the season," he said. âIâm still really young, and knowing that Coach Kaufusi is such a great coach, I really feel that I can be a dominant nose tackle for them..."
âIâve been dreaming and thinking about BYU for a long time," he expressed. âNow... itâs finally here."
"Travis Tuiloma committed to BYU almost 10 months ago without the benefit of an unofficial visit... That all changes this coming weekend, as heâll board a plane to head out West for the first time and see the school and football facilities while meeting his future teammates and many of the coaches for the very first time...
Travis Tuiloma is a 6-foot-3-inch, 290-pound defensive tackle recruit from Washburn Rural High School in Topeka, Kansas. He committed to BYU after the strong recommendation of his family members, who had forged a strong relationship with Cougar assistant coach Steve Kaufusi.
...Other schools have come calling since his commit, but he summarily shut them all down, holding true to his BYU commit. âI get letters all the time and coaches asking about me, but I donât care, Iâm going to BYU.â
Tuiloma will be vying for a spot at nose tackle while at BYU and is anxious to show what he can do. On the heels of a season where he was a consensus First-Team All-State selection, heâs feeling more confident about his game than ever... His biggest complaint heading into this past season was the consistent double and triple teams heâd face as offenses made concerted efforts to run away from him. Due to some good coaching with his technique, Tuiloma was better able to get inside of blocks while pursuing plays that were run away from him.
Recently Tuiloma received an in-home visit from Coaches Kaufusi and Hill. They met with him all night and left him with a great feeling of what is in store for him at BYU. âIt was great, they stayed until very late and we just talked about everything," he said. âCoaches stressed to me that keeping in shape is the best thing I can do in order to contribute and play right away. Iâve been doing that and Iâm going to be in the best shape that I can be by the time I get there. I want to compete and show them that I can play right away.â
Tuiloma will still be only 17 years old when he arrives at BYU and is mulling the decision whether to play either one full year or two years before serving his planned mission. In being so young, he really believes that his best days are ahead of him.
âI feel so much more confident about my play now than I did before the season," he said. âIâm still really young, and knowing that Coach Kaufusi is such a great coach, I really feel that I can be a dominant nose tackle for them..."
âIâve been dreaming and thinking about BYU for a long time," he expressed. âNow... itâs finally here."

