Archived Topic

Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi

by byufan4ever · 12/14/2017

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900005207/madame-mayor-michelle-kaufusi-becomes-provos-first-female-boss-in-166-years.html



The intent of this thread is to NOT get political or to even say whether she'll be a good mayor or not. I just think that the BYU connection is cool. For those who don't know her husband is Steve Kaufusi, our DL/LB coach.



I didn't care too much about her being the first female mayor in Provo, but what I enjoyed reading was about her role as a mom to the Kaufusi boys who have played at BYU.


“I’m the mom who always put academics above any sporting event,” she states proudly. “If they didn’t have their piano done, they didn’t go to practice.”


Sports has never been her strong suit, she admits. “Last week I told Corbin (after watching a BYU game) I noticed his costume was pulled up and he needed to keep it tucked in. ‘Mother, it is a uniform,’ he told me. ‘Quit calling it a costume’ — and that was just last week.”
S
snoscythe
So......piano = academics?
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:

So......piano = academics?


It is if it's a class in school
B
BoiseBYU
byufan4ever wrote:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900005207/madame-mayor-michelle-kaufusi-becomes-provos-first-female-boss-in-166-years.html



The intent of this thread is to NOT get political or to even say whether she'll be a good mayor or not. I just think that the BYU connection is cool. For those who don't know her husband is Steve Kaufusi, our DL/LB coach.



I didn't care too much about her being the first female mayor in Provo, but what I enjoyed reading was about her role as a mom to the Kaufusi boys who have played at BYU.


“I’m the mom who always put academics above any sporting event,” she states proudly. “If they didn’t have their piano done, they didn’t go to practice.”


Sports has never been her strong suit, she admits. “Last week I told Corbin (after watching a BYU game) I noticed his costume was pulled up and he needed to keep it tucked in. ‘Mother, it is a uniform,’ he told me. ‘Quit calling it a costume’ — and that was just last week.”


"Costume." Classic. That made my day. Best wishes to Her Honor. (and Corbin :))
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.