S
SpiffCougFrom a 21-year old kid?
How said of a man is Coach 80k?
How said of a man is Coach 80k?
by SpiffCoug · 12/13/2017
Gunk wrote:
I hope BYU comes out firing.
Beat Utah and basketball will earn a lot of fans this season.
frdbtr wrote:
I hope BYU comes out firing.
Beat Utah and basketball will earn a lot of fans this season.
This is the real reason fans have been down on Rose the last couple of years. Not that the team hasn't been to the the NCAA's, not that we haven't won the WCC, but that we haven't beat the utes in a couple of years. Never mind that BYU has dominated the series under Rose.
byufan4ever wrote:Gunk wrote:
I hope BYU comes out firing.
Beat Utah and basketball will earn a lot of fans this season.
This is the real reason fans have been down on Rose the last couple of years. Not that the team hasn't been to the the NCAA's, not that we haven't won the WCC, but that we haven't beat the utes in a couple of years. Never mind that BYU has dominated the series under Rose.
Rose has a lot less pressure to perform than Bronco did or Sitake does now simply because of the sport involved. Bronco got a LOT of crap from fans for his losing streak vs Utah. This is the FIRST time I've even seen someone mention the basketball losing streak vs Utah. I think it would take losing 10 in a row in basketball to get fans as upset as losing 2 in a row in football.
And for me personally, yes, I want to beat Utah in basketball, but for me not making the NCAA tournament is a bigger deal. Football has a different post-season and making a bowl game is really not that difficult although getting into the playoffs and winning the NC is now virtually impossible for a "mid-major" program like BYU. So in my mind beating Utah is the biggest and best thing that BYU football can do in a given year. However, in basketball, I feel like every team legitimately has a path to the post-season tournament and even the NC. Win your conference tournament and you're in. So for me, in football I'll take a Utah win over a mediocre bowl win, but in basketball I'll take an NCAA tournament season over a Utah win any day.
With that said, let's beat Utah and that sorry individual that they have for a coach!!
BroncoBot wrote:
I don't care who offended who and who is still offended.
BYU needs to win this game or I'm promptly getting off the feel good story of 2017-18 BYU basketball.
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thoroughly disagree with the tweet Wrubell sent out this morning. He said that now that cooler heads have prevailed, the rivalry is resuming.
That's completely incorrect. The rivalry isn't resuming because cooler headS are prevailing. It's resuming because ONE head finally cooled off.