Archived Topic

Progress on finding new OC?

by scott715 · 12/4/2017

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
*grumble* Just what we need. Another coach who can't beat his rival. *grumble*



In other news -- Paul Peterson was seen on campus over the weekend.
G
Guest
Paul Peterson doesn't call the plays for the Badgers, in case anyone wasn't aware of that.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:

Paul Peterson doesn't call the plays for the Badgers, in case anyone wasn't aware of that.


Sadly, he still has more relevant experience than Ty Detmer.
B
byufan4ever
So does the new incoming OC know that he probably has just 1 year to help turn things around or the entire staff might be gone this time next year?
Advertisement
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:

So does the new incoming OC know that he probably has just 1 year to help turn things around or the entire staff might be gone this time next year?


There's a chance the incoming OC may be the next HC after next year.
I
imuakahuku
I would love to see Chow come in for a couple of years to help Ty get his O implemented and the team moving. I think it would be a virtual impossibility but I always hold to the idea of "never say never". :)
C
CrimsonCoug
I'd want to understand why Chow didn't work out the last time he was the OC (@ Utah?) before bringing him on. I mean, besides the pathological OC turnover on the hill.
F
frdbtr
CrimsonCoug wrote:

I'd want to understand why Chow didn't work out the last time he was the OC (@ Utah?) before bringing him on. I mean, besides the pathological OC turnover on the hill.


Chow wasn't run from utah the when he left. He left to become the HC at Hawaii.
J
Jarhead
I'm not interested in seeing Norm Chow come back.
Advertisement
S
selway
Paul Peterson had a steller season as quarterback at Boston College 12-2 He was an excellent offensive cord. at Sacramento State from 2011-14 where they put up record offensive statistics. His teams at Snow led the country in offense averaging around 50 points per game. As much as we like TY he had O experience and is showed.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Maybe shift Ed Lamb to OC?
G
Gunk
Robert Anae was seen on campus today.









J/K
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:

Paul Peterson doesn't call the plays for the Badgers, in case anyone wasn't aware of that.

Who does then?
B
BoiseBYU
What a cluster. As a head coach, why fire your OC or DC before you have a plan in place moving forward? Makes no sense. Clueless in Provo
Advertisement
G
Guest
I think Kalani had planned to fire Ty Detmer since around half way through the season. There was a certain point right around there when Kalani took every opportunity when he spoke to talk about the issues on the offense and he also sent out his mouthpiece Derek Stevenson to start putting it out on the radio/TV that Ty Detmer was the problem and needed to go.



So I think it's been something Kalani has planned for months so why are we still waiting to find out who the next guy is?
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:

I think Kalani had planned to fire Ty Detmer since around half way through the season. There was a certain point right around there when Kalani took every opportunity when he spoke to talk about the issues on the offense and he also sent out his mouthpiece Derek Stevenson to start putting it out on the radio/TV that Ty Detmer was the problem and needed to go.



So I think it's been something Kalani has planned for months so why are we still waiting to find out who the next guy is?

Because Kalani has no idea what he's doing. He spent half the season publicly talking bad about his OC and now he expects people to want and come and work for him.
M
mtnradio
This is heartbreaking! So is it that KS is blowing it, or that nobody wants the job (which I guess is a way of blowing it ...)
B
BoiseBYU
Holmoe can be a mentor here. He has experience coaching a college football team to a 1-10 record.
B
BoiseBYU
The above is probably too mean. But the unplanned unprepared way the football team is being lead is frustrating beyond belief. And the buck stops with Holmoe
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.