Archived Topic

Mangum Injury

by byufan4ever · 11/8/2017

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
BYUSN stated that his recovery is 6 months at best. Ouch...Anyone else heard anything different or have any inputs about recovery from an achilles injury?
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:

BYUSN stated that his recovery is 6 months at best. Ouch...Anyone else heard anything different or have any inputs about recovery from an achilles injury?


I've heard up to 11-12 months.
S
snoscythe
In the case of Jonny Harline, never, if you're talking about 100% recovery.



Achilles ruptures and patellar tears are two of the least likely injuries to come back from.
B
BoiseBYU
So disheartening....I wish the best for Tanner and his recovery.
F
frdbtr
He will be lucky to be back for fall ball next year. If he is, he won't be the same. He may still end up being the best guy on the roster but that is unlikely. I hope for the best for him. I would love to see him come back next year and have a great year as a Sr and we see the guy we had hoped for but that is unlikely. I feel really bad for him. He seems like a great kid.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
My 16yr old son strained his Achilles on the first day of track practice (again these STUPID h.s. coaches) and ended up sitting/missing all of spring/summer/fall baseball. Talk about frustration.



Just to back up my claim of STUPID. The coaches first day of practice the kids expected to just get together and go through what the routines and expectations would be. Temp in the 30's, with some rain and wind. They met in the classroom in the stadium, and coaches then took them outside. Gave them a few minutes to stretch and then timed them in their events (my son runs the 100, 200, and 400). My son evidently pulled it when timing those events but coaches told him they wanted to see his time in the mile - an event he will never run and it just completely destroyed his leg. STUPID!! This is why I can't get him to play football. The football coaches or even dumber. I had great hopes for him, he was unstoppable as a WR a couple of years ago when he lined up you could hear the coaches on the other side yelling his number, but he got tired of the injuries because the coaches kept having him be a good tackling dummy during drills with the DL and he was a FS and WR, he is tall (6'2") but still thin (leg injury, cracked clavicle, and a concussion, in consecutive years due to DUMBA$$ coaches that have no idea what they are doing!).
G
Guest
That sucks.
M
Mars
I heard a rumor that Tanner has decided to transfer to Virginia.
J
Jarhead
Mars wrote:

I heard a rumor that Tanner has decided to transfer to Virginia.


That would be very strange unless the coaching staff just flat out told him that they are moving on.
U
UCChris
Mars wrote:

I heard a rumor that Tanner has decided to transfer to Virginia.


Unfortunately, that might be best for both parties in the long run.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I hope he stays. He would add to the QB competition and make everyone better if he doesn't win the job. If he decides to go though, I wouldn't fault him since if he really did go to Virginia, he would be going to an Ocoordinator who had made him very successful, plus he would be forced to take a year off for transfer rules and he would redshirt and get himself healthy.
M
Mars
There's always the graduate transfer rule.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.