Mars wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Does Holmoe not see this? Week in and week out I'm continually flabbergasted by the ineptitude of BYU football.
He sees it. He is just choosing to remain conspicuously silent through it all. I remember back in 12 when the offense sucked and he tweeted that he was aware and changes would be made. Well, this year, he is saying nothing.
Because Holmoe hired Detmer and guaranteed him 4 years pay.
I don't see this as a Detmer problem. I see it as a Kalani problem. Kalani is the one that has no idea what he is doing. I don't remove blame from detmer but you might have noticed that the offense has looked better since Kalani has made the statement that they are "going to go down swinging". It hasn't show in points but has shown in yards. I think that Cahoon is a huge part of the problem and if our receivers were being coached better, plays that aren't being made to keep the offense on the field would be being made. If the coaching staff were fired at the end of the year, I would not be disappointed to see Detmer retained as Ocoordinator as long as the Head coach knew how to create a winning organization and the position coaches were the type that were going to coach toughness into the team both on offense and defense.
I still think a major problem with this years team is the defense. I don't look at the points allowed, yes the defense held Fresno to 20 points which on the surface seems to be a good defensive effort but in the long run, the defense did just enough for BYU to lose the game. Just think if they had held Fresno to a 3 and out after BYU scored the TD to tie the game at 13. BYU would have kept momentum but after that 88 yard 14 play drive that they gave up to put BYU back down by 7 (the very next Fresno drive), combined with Tanner going out for the year, the wind completely went out of BYU's sails. We need a coaching house cleaning starting with the head coach. The donors that wanted this need to buy out the coaching contracts and take their medicine and then let BYU hire a real coaching staff.