Archived Topic

KJ Hall

by frdbtr · 11/5/2017

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Anyone know what injury he sustained last week? He is not available for tonight's game because of it. He would have given me some hope that BYU would have a chance in this game, he is so explosive.
S
SpiffCoug
Football is played by big boys. KJ isn't a big boy. When a little boy runs into a big boy the little boy can get hurt easily.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:

Football is played by big boys. KJ isn't a big boy. When a little boy runs into a big boy the little boy can get hurt easily.


but that isn't the injury he sustained. He looked fine on the last play he was in the game, ran off the field with no outward appearances of an injury and yet, he missed the second half of last weeks game and isn't playing today. What is his injury? Oh and by the way, there have been more than one guy his size play in the NFL and play well, his size has nothing to do with anything.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:

Football is played by big boys. KJ isn't a big boy. When a little boy runs into a big boy the little boy can get hurt easily.


Big boy runs into big boy and gets hurt too...
F
frdbtr
Anyone ever heard of Tony Dorsett? One of the greatest RB's to ever play football and he wasn't any bigger than KJ hall.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:

Anyone ever heard of Tony Dorsett? One of the greatest RB's to ever play football and he wasn't any bigger than KJ hall.


He also played 35-40 years ago when players weren't this big.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:


Anyone ever heard of Tony Dorsett? One of the greatest RB's to ever play football and he wasn't any bigger than KJ hall.


He also played 35-40 years ago when players weren't this big.


And they had no targeting fouls back then so that makes up for it.
M
mtnradio
by the way ... Dorsett was 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier ....
S
SenorCougar
SpiffCoug wrote:

Football is played by big boys. KJ isn't a big boy. When a little boy runs into a big boy the little boy can get hurt easily.


Just like Barry Sanders. How tall was Walter Payton?
N
nuk13
SenorCougar wrote:


Football is played by big boys. KJ isn't a big boy. When a little boy runs into a big boy the little boy can get hurt easily.


Just like Barry Sanders. How tall was Walter Payton?


5 ft. 10 inches and 210 lbs.
Advertisement
W
Woody3715
Dorsett as a freshman at Pitt weighed 155 lbs; of course, he was as fast as greased lightening.



More recently, Jim Leonard, now defensive coordinator at Wisconsin, was a 2 time All-American safety at Wisconsin and played safety in the NFL for 10 years (ending in 2014) at 5'8" and 180 lbs. He was another great athlete: he could dunk a basketball 2 handed.
S
snoscythe
Woody3715 wrote:
he could dunk a basketball 2 handed.


When you're 5'8", two-handed is your only option....



http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/711/kim-jon-il-tiny-hand.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Woody3715
Good point!
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:

he could dunk a basketball 2 handed.


When you're 5'8", two-handed is your only option....



http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/711/kim-jon-il-tiny-hand.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


HA HA. how about the old bounce-it-of- the-ground-get-the-ball-right-in-front-of-the-rim-and-jam-it-home-move
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I like KJ Hall, and having a shifty runner should be a part of every team. It reminds me a bit of JD Falslev. These are players who have a long shot at the NFL, but in college occasionally break through with a big play. You don't have to be a bruising Brayden El Bakri, Fui Vakapuna type, because the shifty speedy runner can have plays that work to those strengths too.



I think that the offense will get better. Not having a bowl game means less practices, which sucks but in the future we will have a better package on the offense. Hall is a key part and will have a place for success. I think the speed display from the 75 yard run on SJSU will happen again in 2018.
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
I now better understand why BYU didn't recruit Britton Covey...
N
nuk13
I think there was a kid, I think out of Kansas or K State, that ended up playing for New Orleans. He was 5' 5" and under 200 lbs.
S
snoscythe
nuk13 wrote:

I think there was a kid, I think out of Kansas or K State, that ended up playing for New Orleans. He was 5' 5" and under 200 lbs.


Darren Sproles. He is 5'6", 190# and still playing -- 13th year in the league.



http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8544/darren-sproles
F
frdbtr
I like KJ hall. I didn't want to turn this into a size of player in the NFL discussion. I was hoping someone knew what had happened to him. While he was playing he was very explosive and I loved the pass out of the backfield catches that he was making and turning into 25 yard gains. We had one of those to El Bakri(sp?) that went for a couple of yards in the Fresno game, all I could think of when I saw it was that Hall would have taken it for 25 yards with his shiftiness. Hopefully he gets back sooner rather than later and is able to play for the rest of the year.
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:

I like KJ hall. I didn't want to turn this into a size of player in the NFL discussion. I was hoping someone knew what had happened to him.


Kalani won't say a peep about non-season-ending injuries. My guess is he doesn't want people questioning the S&C program they're running anymore than they already are.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.