Archived Topic

I'm not sure what is more sad...

by Ungoy · 10/29/2017

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
BYU having it's worst season in my lifetime and before, or that in said worst season, the Utes, and Aggies each only have 2 more wins at this point in the season.



Takes a bit of the sting out of this year knowing that Utah's riding a 4 game losing streak, and there is a very real possibility that they could lose 3 of the next 4 and miss a bowl game as well.
C
Cougs_Rule
Is this even a real question? What is wrong with you? :-)

I can't even conceive of any serious BYU fan (and I thought you were and want to believe that you still are) as having enough care for the Utes and dairy Utes to even consider what is more sad.
G
Guest
Guess what, this was the year for BYU to beat Utah by a big margin. We haven't seen them this bad in a decade! Unfortunately, BYU chose to be worse this year.
U
Ungoy
Yup, the one year Utah is in the dregs. Worst team in 10+years for them, and BYU has to one up then by fielding their worst team in 5 decades.
U
Ungoy
Cougs_Rule wrote:

Is this even a real question? What is wrong with you? :-)

I can't even conceive of any serious BYU fan (and I thought you were and want to believe that you still are) as having enough care for the Utes and dairy Utes to even consider what is more sad.


It's sad in that Utes and Dairy Utes one accomplishment that they have to hang their hat on is that they both beat BYU. Other than that they both suck this year also.



It's also sad to hear Ute fans talk like world beaters while still on their 4 game skid because something something PAC 12, something something BYU....
Advertisement
M
Mars
I'm not sure what's worse- The time I accidentally bashed my shin, or the time I found a $20 bill.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Mars wrote:

I'm not sure what's worse- The time I accidentally bashed my shin, or the time I found a $20 bill.


Hey...that was my $20.00!!!
C
cougarnerd
Ungoy wrote:

BYU having it's worst season in my lifetime and before, or that in said worst season, the Utes, and Aggies each only have 2 more wins at this point in the season.



Takes a bit of the sting out of this year knowing that Utah's riding a 4 game losing streak, and there is a very real possibility that they could lose 3 of the next 4 and miss a bowl game as well.


More sad is that BYU is playing severely less than their potential. Utah St is not, and has not recently, been a powerhouse. 4-8/8-4 win seasons are the norm for them. Utah was bound to have a "substandard" season at some point; Alabama has had 10-2 seasons in the past few years. The worst part about this quandary is that, had BYU been mentally/physcially prepared, they could be 8-1 after beating SJSU (likely loss to Wisconsin, close win vs LSU who lost to Troy), 12-1 season with a bowl game. Even without that, if we had no quarterback injuries, we could be maybe 5-3. We likely beat Utah State, maybe beat Boise State with a healthy Mangum who can slide out of the pocket without tripping or limping, and maybe he can be a factor running vs Boise State & ECU like he was as a Freshman/Sophomore or against SJSU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.