B
BroncoBot1. Who do you want to start next year at QB
2. Who actually starts next year at QB
2. Who actually starts next year at QB
by BroncoBot · 10/28/2017
frdbtr wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
frdbtr wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
SpiffCoug wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
THIS IS SO TRUE IT HURTS.
Cougs_Rule wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
Global warming is the coaches fault too.
I get coaching needs a lot of help if not changes.
But, Your one hit wonder Schtick is getting old.
I'm sure his depression, anxiety, medication effects, and failed engagement are the coaches fault too.
Cougs_Rule wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
Global warming is the coaches fault too.
I get coaching needs a lot of help if not changes.
But, Your one hit wonder Schtick is getting old.
I'm sure his depression, anxiety, medication effects, and failed engagement are the coaches fault too.
BOID wrote:frdbtr wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
Global warming is the coaches fault too.
I get coaching needs a lot of help if not changes.
But, Your one hit wonder Schtick is getting old.
I'm sure his depression, anxiety, medication effects, and failed engagement are the coaches fault too.
There is some truth to this. The players own some of the responsibility. Coaching is only part of the equation. The whole program must come together. Some of the players have already said as much.
As an aside, global warming is not anthropogenic, and not driven by the small atmospheric CO2 changes of the past 60 years, and not accelerating over the past two centuries, and therefore, is no one's fault. But your reference to it is pithy, and I appreciate the irony.
mtnradio wrote:Cougs_Rule wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
Global warming is the coaches fault too.
I get coaching needs a lot of help if not changes.
But, Your one hit wonder Schtick is getting old.
I'm sure his depression, anxiety, medication effects, and failed engagement are the coaches fault too.
There is some truth to this. The players own some of the responsibility. Coaching is only part of the equation. The whole program must come together. Some of the players have already said as much.
As an aside, global warming is not anthropogenic, and not driven by the small atmospheric CO2 changes of the past 60 years, and not accelerating over the past two centuries, and therefore, is no one's fault. But your reference to it is pithy, and I appreciate the irony.
There are a LOT of considerations that we, as fans ... even some knowledgeable fans, just don't understand.
Sammich wrote:
I thought Marc Lyons made an interesting point yesterday, that Tanner is a 'big play guy' and not a 'consistency guy,' meaning that he's not accurate enough to pull off the small-gain, march-down-the-field plays the coaches have been calling, but when put into situations where he's told to pull out big plays, he finds them and makes them happen often enough to look impressive and win games. I don't know how one measures this attribute, but if true, it means that the coaches have failed to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the quarterback (as we've seen them do with other players) and to make the most of the players we've got rather than trying to push players into their system.
This is one of the biggest concerns I have about this coaching staff (though I'm still in the "give them a little more time" camp), is that they A. don't seem to trust the players, and B. aren't flexible enough to leverage the actual strengths of the team. I don't think BYU is ever going to command the recruits necessary to be competitive with the big boys, so if there's one thing BYU HAS to be good at, it is maximizing the talent that we do have.
Hopefully seeing Tanner shine when allowed to do his thing will be a positive lesson for the coaches moving forward.
BOID wrote:frdbtr wrote:
The only answer is Tanner M, for both. If Tanner had been coached correctly, he would be breaking BYU passing records all over the place.
Global warming is the coaches fault too.
I get coaching needs a lot of help if not changes.
But, Your one hit wonder Schtick is getting old.
I'm sure his depression, anxiety, medication effects, and failed engagement are the coaches fault too.
There is some truth to this. The players own some of the responsibility. Coaching is only part of the equation. The whole program must come together. Some of the players have already said as much.
As an aside, global warming is not anthropogenic, and not driven by the small atmospheric CO2 changes of the past 60 years, and not accelerating over the past two centuries, and therefore, is no one's fault. But your reference to it is pithy, and I appreciate the irony.
Mars wrote:
OH SURE GUYS WHATS NEXT BLAMING POOR RECEIVER PLAY ON BEN CAHOON SHEESH Y'ALL CRAZY
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Three reasons that contributed to a lot of Tanners success two years ago:
6'4", 6'5", 6'6" experienced dudes. Just chuck it and forget it.
Taysom's passing stats weren't worse last year than Any year before. We know he was never an elite passer.
Why could Tanner not overtake Taysom when there was at least a stated open comp when Ty arrived?
hawkwing wrote:
Elite 11 co-mvp.