Archived Topic

The soft part of the 2017 schedule

by vancouvercougar · 10/26/2017

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I was looking forward to the soft part of the schedule this year.



I didn't realize that all of the other bad teams are looking at us as the soft spot of their schedule.

:sick:
S
SpiffCoug
Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.
M
mtnradio
SpiffCoug wrote:

Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...
S
SpiffCoug
mtnradio wrote:


Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...

I don't think we're winning on the road this year. And I'm afraid of UMass because they actually have an offense. They've scored 50 points twice and hit 30 on another occassion. BYU hasn't sniffed those numbers. They've scored 3 TDs in all but 2 games this year. 3 TDs is more than enough to defeat BYU this year.
F
frdbtr
mtnradio wrote:


Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


I watched Hawaii vs Wyoming. BYU will not beat Hawaii on the islands. If we don't win on Saturday, we probably don't get another win this year.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
mtnradio wrote:


Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?
V
vancouvercougar
BroncoBot wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?


2004 during the Crowton years.
F
frdbtr
vancouvercougar wrote:


mtnradio wrote:


Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?


2004 during the Crowton years.


Isn't that the game where we put up like 500+ yards of offense and still lost because we turned it over like 100 times? Majorly frustrating game to watch but IMO it was better than what we have right now. Who would have thought we would long for those days again.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:


BroncoBot wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?


2004 during the Crowton years.


Isn't that the game where we put up like 500+ yards of offense and still lost because we turned it over like 100 times? Majorly frustrating game to watch but IMO it was better than what we have right now. Who would have thought we would long for those days again.

Tought to watch BYU football in 03 and 04. remember the "realist" label that was going on back then. Haha. wolfie. What the heck am I still doing on these dumb internet forums anyway? :blush:
S
snoscythe
BroncoBot wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?


More recently than the last time we lost 7 in a row.....
Advertisement
B
BOID
BroncoBot wrote:


vancouvercougar wrote:


mtnradio wrote:


Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.


I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...


when was the last time we lost to UNLV?


2004 during the Crowton years.


Isn't that the game where we put up like 500+ yards of offense and still lost because we turned it over like 100 times? Majorly frustrating game to watch but IMO it was better than what we have right now. Who would have thought we would long for those days again.

Tought to watch BYU football in 03 and 04. remember the "realist" label that was going on back then. Haha. wolfie. What the heck am I still doing on these dumb internet forums anyway? :blush:


Ha! I DO remember those "realists." They were trying to convince us all, that BYU was never legitimate, even during its glory years. The highest volume of posts from the realists were from "Air Wolf," who was eventually banned and came back as "Wolf Man," then banned again. The realists were not real fans.



Kudos to Hawkwing for keeping those trolls away from his BYU fan site, when Cougar Blue / Daily Herald would not.



By the way, big kudos to the Cougs for getting their act together today. I don't care if it was against a 1/7 MWC team. Even against a bad team, you still must have coordinated execution to make a play. That's something BYU brought today, that we didn't see last week. Progress!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.