G
GuestI've heard rumors the last few weeks that there have been some serious violations going on among the team, but I haven't passed them along because I've heard no corroboration until now.
There may be a lot worse coming.
by hawkwing · 10/24/2017
snoscythe wrote:
In coaching, there is a bit of a dichotomy between an "owner's coach" and a "players' coach".
The owner's coach is a disciplinarian that "runs a tight ship" and has firm team rules, practice structure, game book, discipline etc.
The players' coaches are the fun guys who the players relate to and want to be around in their spare time. They're the fun guys with loose structure in practices, more informal discipline, and fun as a priority.
A lot of times you see teams ride an owner's coach until the team gets tired of it and starts to rebel and act out. Then management will bring in a players' coach to "change the culture" and make it fun again. That lasts until it gets too fun, the team starts making bad headlines outside of the sport, then starts losing and infighting, and the coach becomes more assertive to try to right the sinking ship, and he loses the trust of his players "cuz he's changed, man". Then management replaces him with an "owner's coach" to change the culture again, and the cycle goes on.
BYU is not the place for a players' coach like Crowton or Kalani. Simply because of the nature of 18-24 year old kids, players' coaches will always be short-lived at BYU.
hawkwing wrote:
And yes, I can confirm that the coaching staff knew about the issue and know about other issues taking place that have yet to come to light. Sometimes when you don't see a guy play for a half, it's his punishment for being caught, but as long as it doesn't make the news, it won't really be more than that.
lawngnome wrote:
And yes, I can confirm that the coaching staff knew about the issue and know about other issues taking place that have yet to come to light. Sometimes when you don't see a guy play for a half, it's his punishment for being caught, but as long as it doesn't make the news, it won't really be more than that.
Thatâs really disappointing to me on an issue like this. I mean that is the response of other schools without the honor code. So do we really hold our players to a higher standard? Or do we just not have sex?
lawngnome wrote:
And yes, I can confirm that the coaching staff knew about the issue and know about other issues taking place that have yet to come to light. Sometimes when you don't see a guy play for a half, it's his punishment for being caught, but as long as it doesn't make the news, it won't really be more than that.
Thatâs really disappointing to me on an issue like this. I mean that is the response of other schools without the honor code. So do we really hold our players to a higher standard? Or do we just not have sex?
scott715 wrote:
He just got off of a mission. How could he do something like that.
vancouvercougar wrote:
Owners coach / players coach???
I get the references, but the owners (BOT & donors) pay the coach's salary. Players don't pay a thing for the salary.
snoscythe wrote:
Owners coach / players coach???
I get the references, but the owners (BOT & donors) pay the coach's salary. Players don't pay a thing for the salary.http://learntocoachbasketball.com/what-is-a-players-coach
imuakahuku wrote:
But if it continues I can see him "losing it" and clamping down on them big time.
frdbtr wrote:
Kids end up loving parental figures that they respect. Where there is no discipline, there is no respect.