G
GuestArchived Topic
Jordan Pendleton would not commit to BYU
by hawkwing · 10/18/2017
Advertisement
S
SenorCougarSo the ship is taking on water and sinking? I thought this was to be "the year". Taysom was the reason we had no 100 yard receivers last year. And "Tanner is the much better QB". Another told of watching practice with his 6 year old. The 6 year old asked who was throwing the football. Dad said he was the starting QB (Taysom). The child then asked if no one catches his thrown balls but catch the other's thrown balls, why is he starting? Last year, fights in the stands to bench Taysom and play Tanner. Taysom has no chance in the NFL. Now he helped cover up a lot of mistakes. This season, you're getting everything you asked for. There's a lot of crow to eat...
C
Cougs_Rulethis thread is so "whiny and negative? " :roll:
D
DdawgSenorCougar wrote:
So the ship is taking on water and sinking?
Yep.
I have posted this before, Taysom Hill and Jamaal Williams were elite athletes. They covered a lot of inadequacies at BYU. As the season progresses, watch more recruits flip to the school up North. Good athletes want to win.
B
BoiseBYUKids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
Advertisement
D
DdawgBoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some ou there for us. We could use a few.
:lol:
B
BYULVDdawg wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some ou there for us. We could use a few.
:lol:
Why is that funny?
D
DdawgBYULV wrote:BoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some ou there for us. We could use a few.
:lol:
Why is that funny?
:D
M
MarsDawg's a Ute now. He's just here to be annoying.
D
DdawgMars wrote:
Dawg's a Ute now. He's just here to be annoying.
Thanks for the belly laugh. You think you have all the answers. Once again, you're wrong.
Advertisement
N
nuk13Ddawg wrote:
So the ship is taking on water and sinking?
Yep.
I have posted this before, Taysom Hill and Jamaal Williams were elite athletes. They covered a lot of inadequacies at BYU. As the season progresses, watch more recruits flip to the school up North. Good athletes want to win.
I believe they not only covered inadequacies they inspired the rest of the team to play at a higher level. Would this season be different if someone in the LSU game had've made a play like Hill did when he hurdled the Texas db?
C
Cougs_RuleYes. But only a little. And it would have taken more than one touchdown to beat LSU.
Last year the MSU and MSU wins were huge buffers against another loss to Utah.
Last year the MSU and MSU wins were huge buffers against another loss to Utah.
A
ABYUFANNo BYU commitment from Jordan Pendleton? Good thing he's out of eligibility. Sometimes it's fun to wallow in self misery, like picking a scab or something. Frankly I find those activities a little less than productive though.
K
KingCougDdawg wrote:
Dawg's a Ute now. He's just here to be annoying.
Thanks for the belly laugh. You think you have all the answers. Once again, you're wrong.
Somebody else suggested it might be a case of him losing a bet (maybe the rivalry game) and he had to change his avatar. That would make the most sense.
Because any BYU fan who defected and became a Utah fan deserves to be drug out to the street and shot. Though I suppose it would be fitting in a way since so many Ute fans are fairweather, Johnny-Come-Latelys.
B
BoiseBYUBoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still donât have a quality win. I know we donât even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBotBoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still donât have a quality win. I know we donât even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
???
Utah is light years ahead of BYU right now. I'm not going to pull my own leg over that one. It's not even close.
C
Cougs_RuleI wonder if he would commit to being the strength and conditioning coach now? Brady Poppinga has tweeted multiple times that he thinks this is a significant problem area.
B
BoiseBYUBroncoBot wrote:BoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still donât have a quality win. I know we donât even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
???
Utah is light years ahead of BYU right now. I'm not going to pull my own leg over that one. It's not even close.
Please read my post again. The thrust is that football at the Utah based schools this year is not going well. BYU sucks and UT while at 4-3 does not have a good win. I did not compare UT and BYU at all. We all know how that'd go--UT would win and is the better team right now. But better than BYU is not saying much
C
Cougs_RuleBoiseBYU wrote:BoiseBYU wrote:
Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. Thatâs why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team theyâve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. Iâm sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then Iâm sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still donât have a quality win. I know we donât even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
???
Utah is light years ahead of BYU right now. I'm not going to pull my own leg over that one. It's not even close.
Please read my post again. The thrust is that football at the Utah based schools this year is not going well. BYU sucks and UT while at 4-3 does not have a good win. I did not compare UT and BYU at all. We all know how that'd go--UT would win and is the better team right now. But better than BYU is not saying much
And it's not even close. Utah would win 10 times out of 10 this year.
B
BroncoBotStill don't agree. UU has wins against BYU (sure BYU sucks, but a win over BYU is a win) and AZ who has a winning record and is at least a p5 team. They've lost on a failed 2 point conversion against a ranked USC team and a FG loss to Stanford. Their record may be a downer, but they've got little to hang their heads over.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

