M
mtnradioI've been thinking about the season (and I agree to the liberating effect of low expectations), and I've been thinking about the future (where fan expectations cannot be low ...). I can overlook a bad season (even a 3-9 season ... look at Michigan State last year). I can accept the argument that a new offensive scheme takes a while and different personnel to make work, and that the defense would be better if they didn't have to play the whole game .... blah blah blah ...
But maybe what bothers me the most is: the offense has had, what, less than 10, less than 5 good drives this YEAR? We aren't seeing even the building blocks of success. Normally you would expect the team to be able to mount a solid drive at least once or twice in a game, and should have several. But the Coug haven't ... or maybe I've missed them (frankly, I've been busy and with low expectations, my interest level is lower too ... even with a nephew on the team).
So, where is my optimism for the future supposed to come from? This is an honest question, and I'm looking to you guys for input. I really don't want this to be another "negative Nelly" thread ... I really am not interested in this being another bash on the coaches or players thread. I do believe that BYU is a great school and great seasons will come again ... but is there anything you are seeing on the field that helps you feel optimistic?
But maybe what bothers me the most is: the offense has had, what, less than 10, less than 5 good drives this YEAR? We aren't seeing even the building blocks of success. Normally you would expect the team to be able to mount a solid drive at least once or twice in a game, and should have several. But the Coug haven't ... or maybe I've missed them (frankly, I've been busy and with low expectations, my interest level is lower too ... even with a nephew on the team).
So, where is my optimism for the future supposed to come from? This is an honest question, and I'm looking to you guys for input. I really don't want this to be another "negative Nelly" thread ... I really am not interested in this being another bash on the coaches or players thread. I do believe that BYU is a great school and great seasons will come again ... but is there anything you are seeing on the field that helps you feel optimistic?

