Archived Topic

Poll: BYU will be shut out against Miss St.

by hawkwing · 10/7/2017

Advertisement
G
Guest
Yes/No
J
Jarhead
I give it a 50/50ish chance, but in the end I voted that BYU will score in some way.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I said yes. Unfortunately, I think the gameplan going in will not succeed, and then any in-game adjustments will not either. Miss State's D will swallow up the offense. Success in this next week should be measured in the form of crossing the 50, and then getting first downs. I don't see BYU able to move the ball into scoring territory.



I was happy to see a 7-0 start against BSU, but this momentum was stifled to BSU's credit, and the offense had nothing the rest of the game.
G
Gunk
Only reason we won't be shut out is if the defense scores.
S
SpiffCoug
2002 was the last season we scored in single digits three times in a season.

1970 was the last season we scored in single digits four times in a season.

1963 was the last season we scored in single digits five times in a season (actually seven times).
Advertisement
C
cougarnerd
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:

Miss State's D will swallow up the offense. Success in this next week should be measured in the form of crossing the 50, and then getting first downs. I don't see BYU able to move the ball into scoring territory.


With Tanner at 70% health, or an inexperienced Critchlow or under-arm strength Detmer, we won't have a stable passing game...even if we did have a good offensive line. We will be kept under 150 passing and under 100 rushing yards yards, maybe even under 200 yards total offense.




SpiffCoug wrote:

2002 was the last season we scored in single digits three times in a season.

1970 was the last season we scored in single digits four times in a season.

1963 was the last season we scored in single digits five times in a season (actually seven times).


Side note about shutouts...



Prior to this year, the last time we were shut out was @ Michigan in 2015. Before that, vs Utah in 2003. Before that, all the way back in 1975 @ Arizona State. We were shut out four times in 42 1/2 seasons. In that time, our defense recorded 21 shutouts.



The last time we were shut out twice in a season was 1963. The last time we were shut out three times in a season was 1960.



Also, do you count not scoring as scoring single digits? This year, we have (0), 6, and 7.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.