Archived Topic

LSU taken out by Troy!

by BroncoBot · 10/1/2017

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
What could possibly be worse for BYU?



LSU suddenly a pretender

Miss St. Loses two in a row

BSU having a down year

BYU will likely lose to Miss St. And BSU. And ECU suddenly has turned it around a bit. I see BYU losing that one now as well.


914315933509980161
G
Guest
I'll never be comfortable with a game in which BYU travels more than 1 timezone east.
S
SpiffCoug
BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:

BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.


Thanks Bronco/Anae/Doman for breaking our decades long streak of sending big lineman to the NFL, and instead getting converted TEs and "athletic lineman" and then giving them all shin splints running wind sprints. Some really great strategy there.



/sarcasm
G
Guest
The truth of the matter is LSU is not a good team this year, and any comfort Cougar fans took from playing a top 10 team were completely unfounded. This will end up as a very week strength of schedule year for BYU with several losses to bad teams.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:


BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.


Thanks Bronco/Anae/Doman for breaking our decades long streak of sending big lineman to the NFL, and instead getting converted TEs and "athletic lineman" and then giving them all shin splints running wind sprints. Some really great strategy there.



/sarcasm

Let me get this straight,BYU rushing -5 yards is Bronco's fault 2 years after he left? :skeptic:
G
Gunk
Let's be honest, Bronco/Anae would have gotten more out of this team than the current regime.
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:

Let's be honest, Bronco/Anae would have gotten more out of this team than the current regime.

I'm not even saying they would have done better/worse. But to blame Bronco for current problems seems a stretch.
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:


Let's be honest, Bronco/Anae would have gotten more out of this team than the current regime.

I'm not even saying they would have done better/worse. But to blame Bronco for current problems seems a stretch.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree, which was my point, or at least the point I was trying to make. A better coach would get more out of this group. The fact this group isn't performing has nothing to do with Bronco. It has everything to do with the ineptitude we have with our current coach.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:

BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.

Yeah, but schools in the sun belt don't have an Honor Code...
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Mars wrote:


BYU has -5 yards rushing against LSU. Troy had a running back run for 191 against the Tigers.

Yeah, but schools in the sun belt don't have an Honor Code...


:D
S
snoscythe
Ed Ogeron is now on the hot seat at LSU.



Kalani Sitake somehow is not....
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:

Ed Ogeron is now on the hot seat at LSU.



Kalani Sitake somehow is not....


If he isn't on the hot seat after this year, I want the AD house cleaned.
W
Woody3715
I agree. BYU needs to clean house beginning with a new AD who doesn't have a vested interest in the existing football and basketball coaches (since he hired them). I've previously said that it takes 3-4 years to evaluate the recruits that a new coaching staff brings in. But you don't need that long to evaluate coaching results such as 7 turnovers or too many illegal motion penalties in football, or too many turnovers and terrible team defense in basketball.
K
KingCoug
Woody3715 wrote:

I agree. BYU needs to clean house beginning with a new AD who doesn't have a vested interest in the existing football and basketball coaches (since he hired them). I've previously said that it takes 3-4 years to evaluate the recruits that a new coaching staff brings in. But you don't need that long to evaluate coaching results such as 7 turnovers or too many illegal motion penalties in football, or too many turnovers and terrible team defense in basketball.


Agreed. The more BYU football declines, as shown in any number of ways, the more I'm looking at Holmoe before anyone else.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
wow. I'd say overall Holmoe has done a kick-A job with the BYU athletic dept. This seems like a huge over reaction. Let's face it, BYU isn't writing huge checks to kids to play football at BYU. Not now, or even if it becomes legal. BYU may never meet the expectations heaped on it by some.
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:

wow. I'd say overall Holmoe has done a kick-A job with the BYU athletic dept. This seems like a huge over reaction. Let's face it, BYU isn't writing huge checks to kids to play football at BYU. Not now, or even if it becomes legal. BYU may never meet the expectations heaped on it by some.


My expectation is that we hire the most qualified candidate that will come to BYU. BYU only interviewed 1 other guy other than Sitake and the most qualified candidate left feeling like he was a token interview. If Sitake doesn't get this thing figured out and get BYU back to Bronco's level at least, I want the AD house cleaned. There were other coaches out there that had better resume's that weren't even considered.



The most disheartening thing about this year isn't that the team is playing poorly or that they have lost 4 games in a row, it is that they aren't even playing physical football. Watching them play LSU and Wisconsin you kind of expect that BYU isn't going to win those games but you would hope that they would play like they had a chance. I never got that feeling. I get irritated when BYU loses but I can't stomach that they aren't looking like they even want to bring the game to the opponent. They look scared and passive. That is unacceptable. I saw BYU get whooped by a few teams under Bronco but I never got the feeling that they were scared of the opponent, even in 2010 when we played a far superior TCU team. BYU attacked that team both offensively and defensively. It didn't work but at least they tried.
B
byufan4ever
Perhaps we should move to Div 2 in sports. Then we can meet the very low expectations of some fans who get upset by those who "whine" when we can barely even be a top 100 team.
M
Mars
I'm also starting to wonder about Holmoe. Blew the B12, overscheduling in football, Rose getting worse every year, losing Holliday, Detmer as OC, etc.
B
BroncoBot
byufan4ever wrote:

Perhaps we should move to Div 2 in sports. Then we can meet the very low expectations of some fans who get upset by those who "whine" when we can barely even be a top 100 team.
Mars wrote:

I'm also starting to wonder about Holmoe. Blew the B12, overscheduling in football, Rose getting worse every year, losing Holliday, Detmer as OC, etc.

How many of these, other than the overscheduling in football (which is a mixed bag as well), can you really pin on Holmoe?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.