Archived Topic

BYU's offense compared to Wisconsin's Offense

by hawkwing · 9/15/2017

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:

So far BYU's offense is basically the Coke Freestyle machine. Everyone thought it was going to be the next great thing but it ended up being the suckiest suck that ever sucked.


Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I love the Freestyle machines, and there are some joints I won't go to at lunch anymore because they don't have it. Not saying I only go to Freestyle lunch joints, but someone wants to hit a burger shack that's only a bit better than okay (say "Shake Makers"), and I counter with Wendy's or Marley's because we can land a Freestyle.



Then again, I'm also the guy who thinks McDonalds' Arch Deluxe (ca. 1996) is the best chain burger ever.
G
Guest
That's funny, there are places I will no longer go to for lunch because they changed to the Freestyle machines and I think a drink from one of them tastes like pure garbage.
S
Sammich
snoscythe wrote:

Then again, I'm also the guy who thinks McDonalds' Arch Deluxe (ca. 1996) is the best chain burger ever.


I used to think that too, but then I met the Wendy's Pepper Jack Bacon Cheeseburger in 2000. Then Dave Thomas died and every Wendy's experience I've had since then has been terrible.
R
redneckjedi
My office has a Coke Freestyle machine 10 feet from my desk. I give it credit for my finally achieving a BMI above malnourished. ;) I love it. I don't love the offensive numbers. But this far into the season, SOS is a big factor - this is apples to oranges right now.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
There is no comparison between BYU and Wisconsin offense.



I now expect to the BYU knee-jerk negative ninnies to scream for Kalani Sitake, Detmer, Lamb, Tuiaki, et al, to be stripped and burned at the stake.



Wisconsin 40, BYU 6

Wisconsin (pass and rush) 492 yds.

BYU (pass and rush) 192.



Interestingly, Wisconsin leading rusher Jonathan Taylor - 128 yards (team rushing 235).

BYU total team rushing (totaling up 5 rushers combined) - 81 yards.



BYU was overpowered and manhandled. Wisconsin had power and speed. BYU did not.
T
TheDean
Ddawg wrote:

There is no comparison between BYU and Wisconsin offense.



I now expect to the BYU knee-jerk negative ninnies to scream for Kalani Sitake, Detmer, Lamb, Tuiaki, et al, to be stripped and burned at the stake.



Wisconsin 40, BYU 6

Wisconsin (pass and rush) 492 yds.

BYU (pass and rush) 192.



Interestingly, Wisconsin leading rusher Jonathan Taylor - 128 yards (team rushing 235).

BYU total team rushing (totaling up 5 rushers combined) - 81 yards.



BYU was overpowered and manhandled. Wisconsin had power and speed. BYU did not.


BYU's defense also gave up in the first quarter as there was less emotion and desire to play as they knew the game would be a loss. LSU's offense is bigger and faster than Wisconsin's offense yet BYU held LSU to 14 points for nearly 3 quarter of a game before LSU scored a FG in the waning minutes of the 3rd quarter.
M
Mars
Gee, I thought we played really well.
C
Cougs_Rule
This should be a thread comparing LSU vs Wisc. Any comp between W and BYU is fruitless.

I would love to see LSU v Wisc: Speed and Power vs Execution and Physicality.

LSU is struggling a little vs MSU (BYU is in big trouble vs MSU). I would give the edge to QB and run game is very impressive.
B
Brayden Green
Lsu isn't bigger than Wisconsin. No way.
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
Mars wrote:

Gee, I thought we played really well.






:)
B
Brayden Green
Also, the cool part of this game is that will be what BYU's offense looks like in 2 - 3 years, if Detmer isn't chased out of town by the pitchfork armchair OC's before then.
W
Woody3715
No, the cool part of this game is that the following playmakers on Wisconsin's offense that torched the Cougars today will still be there in 2 years:

QB 12 Alex Hornibrook Soph

RB 23 Jonathan Taylor Freshman

WR 87 Quintez Cephus Soph

WR 6 Danny Davis III Freshman

O-line: no seniors but 4 freshman and 3 sophs in the 2 deep



Paul Chryst and his staff have done a great recruiting job the last 2 years. Getting a great coach can do the same for BYU.



Look forward to BYU coming to Camp Randall September 15, 2018.
D
Ddawg
Woody3715 wrote:

No, the cool part of this game is that the following playmakers on Wisconsin's offense that torched the Cougars today will still be there in 2 years:

QB 12 Alex Hornibrook Soph

RB 23 Jonathan Taylor Freshman

WR 87 Quintez Cephus Soph

WR 6 Danny Davis III Freshman

O-line: no seniors but 4 freshman and 3 sophs in the 2 deep



Paul Chryst and his staff have done a great recruiting job the last 2 years. Getting a great coach can do the same for BYU.



Look forward to BYU coming to Camp Randall September 15, 2018.


It is evident the Badger coaching staff has done a yeoman's job recruiting and preparing their team. I tip my hat to the Badger coaches and players for laying down a solid ass-whooping today. Hopefully we'll improve where we can make the game interesting in '18. That, or I hope we take a large assortment of stretchers and wheelchairs so we can get our players on the plane to get back home. The beat goes on.....
B
byufan4ever
Brayden Green wrote:

Also, the cool part of this game is that will be what BYU's offense looks like in 2 - 3 years, if Detmer isn't chased out of town by the pitchfork armchair OC's before then.


Tell us how you feel about Anae again. Those comments I've seen you make about him a hundred times sure sounded like a pitchfork armchair OC to me. I really don't mean this as a personal attack against you. I just feel that we are all armchair OCs here on this forum. Whether anyone on here is for or against Detmer, it is most likely an opinion coming from someone who has zero Div 1 OC experience.
Advertisement
W
Woody3715
Brayden Green wrote:

Lsu isn't bigger than Wisconsin. No way.

You're right Brayden Green!



Wisconsin starting OL:

LT Michael Dieter Jr. 6-6 328

LG Jon Dietzen Soph 6-6 336

C Tyler Biadasz Frosh 6-3 316

RG Beau Benzschawel Jr 6-6 317

RT David Edwards Soph 6-7 315

AVG 6-5.6 322.4



LSU starting OL:

LT K.J. Malone Sr. 6-4 321

LG Garrett Blumfield Jr. 6-3 299

C Will Clapp Jr. 6-5 314

RG Edward Ingram Frosh 6-4 314

RT Toby Weathersby Jr. 6-6 308

AVG: 6-4.4 311.2



The Badger OL is bigger than LSU by 1.2 inches and 11.2 lbs. But they are all pretty big guys!
C
Cougarfan87
Brayden Green wrote:

Also, the cool part of this game is that will be what BYU's offense looks like in 2 - 3 years, if Detmer isn't chased out of town by the pitchfork armchair OC's before then.


That's what I took from the game. As we were getting our butts kicked, I watched Wisconsin's offense to get a glimpse of what Ty hopes to build. And man is it impressive. Hopefully we can get the kind of recruits on the line that can block like that, and the kind of RB's that just run as hard as their guys did. They don't have to be speedsters. They have to be quick and run hard. And I liked what I saw from Hodge when he stepped up into the pocket and zipped the ball down field. That kid has a strong arm.
B
blue42
Brayden Green wrote:
the cool part of this game


The cool part of the game was Wisconsin's fans were wearing red so all the lame :utard: fans who show up to the games to cheer against BYU didn't stand out.
M
Mingjai
Woody3715 wrote:

No, the cool part of this game is that the following playmakers on Wisconsin's offense that torched the Cougars today will still be there in 2 years:

QB 12 Alex Hornibrook Soph

RB 23 Jonathan Taylor Freshman

WR 87 Quintez Cephus Soph

WR 6 Danny Davis III Freshman

O-line: no seniors but 4 freshman and 3 sophs in the 2 deep



Paul Chryst and his staff have done a great recruiting job the last 2 years. Getting a great coach can do the same for BYU.



Look forward to BYU coming to Camp Randall September 15, 2018.


I thought going into the season that this year was going to be Goldy's year, but after seeing the shellacking Bucky laid on BYU, I don't think "Row the boat" is going to work this year any more than it worked in last season's Cotton Bowl.



I'll still get tickets to watch the beatdown though--we Gopher fans are used to it...
G
Gunk
Brayden Green wrote:

Also, the cool part of this game is that will be what BYU's offense looks like in 2 - 3 years, if Detmer isn't chased out of town by the pitchfork armchair OC's before then.


Naw, it won't be the armchair OCs. It will be the boosters and donors, the ones chipping in on his salary.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.