Archived Topic

Mangum Out 4-6 Weeks

by snoscythe · 9/12/2017

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy!!!!!



This season just got crazy! I wonder if Beau Hoge could be the shot in the arm the offense needs. Next man up! Here we go! Gooooooo Cougars!
B
byufan4ever
Ouch. Never did I want this to happen. Really wanted to see him succeed. Will or should the offense be adapted for Hoge?
K
KingCoug
Well this should be interesting...assuming it's true. Just a rumor by a new CB poster at this point.
G
Guest
This is very bad news for the Cougars.



I have no doubt that Mangum is the best quarterback we have right now, and it isn't even close, even with all his struggles.



Bowl eligibility will take a severe risk if this does indeed turn out to be true.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Sometimes no answer is the worst answer.


907662270955626497
S
snoscythe
907664903141388288
B
BroncoBot
dang. High ankle sprains are no good. They often can be longer than 6 weeks for recovery.
M
Mars
So still no official word then?
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:

So still no official word then?


Not until tomorrow, from what I've heard.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
907712394389942272
F
frdbtr
Looks like we get to see how good our back up is. Incidentally this happened on the last play of the game.
C
Cougarfan87
Well, for what it is worth, Beau Hodge sells a great play action pass...not sure how much good it will do, though, since we can't really run the ball right now.
S
snoscythe
908019389248581633

Either Mangum is out and BYU just wants to force Wisconsin to prepare for two quarterbacks, or he is not out and BYU Football is attempting an epic misdirection, especially based on the level of folks who have confirmed to me that Mangum is out.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
I read somewhere that Kalani's policy is to only talk about injuries if they are season-ending. Mangum's out, but no one will say for how long since it is not season ending.
M
Mars
Detmer also said it takes more than one week to change his offense. So that's not good.
F
frdbtr
It wouldn't matter what QB we rolled out on Saturday, WI isn't worried. We could roll out Steve Young in his prime and they would kill us. I pray for a speedy recovery for Mangum and hope for adequate backup play until he returns.
F
Fido
Mars wrote:

Detmer also said it takes more than one week to change his offense. So that's not good.


The quote I heard from Detmer was in response to a question about if Hoge plays would they change the offense for him. His response was something like "you don't change your offense in a week" and went on to say they would not significantly change the offense for a different QB because Hoge has been practicing it ever since fall camp started.
M
Mars
I don't like it. Supposedly he's a football genius, but is incapable of tailoring his offense to best support his starting players.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.