Archived Topic

Analysis of the BYU offense by LSU Media

by hawkwing · 9/1/2017

Advertisement
G
Guest
https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2017/8/31/16226110/2017-lsu-tiger-football-byu-offense-preview-tactics


The first thing I thought when I saw that BYU only scored 20 points on Portland State was LSU is going to absolutely dominate them. The tape tells a slightly different story than the score. BYU shot themselves in the foot time and time again with penalties. They were in long yardage situations because of a ton of offensive line penalties that had nothing to do with how efficient they actually were. They are a lot better than the score indicates but of course Portland State’s defense is not LSU’s.



Tanner Mangum might be the best quarterback LSU plays this year. I came away really impressed from watching his tape against Portland State. His movement in the pocket is nice and he’s able to go through his reads consistently and throw accurate balls. He’s 23 so at this point in his life, he’s taken a lot more snaps behind center than most of the guys LSU will face this year. He might not have the difference makers around him that the other teams do, that’s probably the biggest difference.



...


Has video clips too. Good read.
M
Mars
Great read!
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think I've read or heard any analysis of BYU by anyone connected to the LSU program who hasn't mentioned BYU's "age advantage" when discussing the Cougs.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.