Archived Topic

LB Francis Bernard Suspended?

by Mars · 8/12/2017

Advertisement
M
Mars
Reportedly out for the year due to an Honor Code violation before last season's bowl game. Will be back next year. Adam Pulsipher next man up.
S
SkystheLimit
Source? who is reporting it? Your brother's girlfiriend's friend's nephew doesn't count as a source either. It's not real until there's a credible source.
S
SpiffCoug
Doesn't matter who the source is. It's a rumor of a player suspension. It's true. If you've been a BYU fan long enough, you come to accept the fact that any time there is a rumored Honor Code violation suspension, it's true.



It's always real. It always hurts BYU. They're never false. Never.
S
scott715
Currently it is in the rumor category but it does not make it true. Usually they are confirmed but not always. Sockgate is one example. I am holding my breath with fingers crossed that everything will work out. I have heard a rumor that it is not true so we will wait to see if anything comes of it.
S
SpiffCoug
scott715 wrote:
Currently it is in the rumor category but it does not make it true. Usually they are confirmed but not always. Sockgate is one example. I am holding my breath with fingers crossed that everything will work out. I have heard a rumor that it is not true so we will wait to see if anything comes of it.

True but the Sockgate rumor seemed to begin with a media member (Scotty Gerrard on 1280) who fans knew didn't have any real connections or contacts in the program. It's the random, anonymous rumors that spring up on CougarBoard that seem to have a real track record.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Bernard has been seen at recent football practices wearing street clothes. That, surely, is irrefutable evidence. ;)
G
Guest
I have heard this rumor over the last week but had held off sharing it until I'd heard a little more. There are certain types of rumors that fall into certain categories... Honor Code rumors are almost universally true, program violations are usually false, and expansion rumors are almost universally false.



I'm fairly convinced that Francis Bernard is out for the season.
B
BroncoBot
Dang. was looking forward to Bernard playing a bigger role this year.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I like this approach to handling suspensions a thousand percent better than them stating that he has personal righteousness issues with the Honor Code office.
G
Gunk
snoscythe wrote:

I like this approach to handling suspensions a thousand percent better than them stating that he has personal righteousness issues with the Honor Code office.


Agree. No press release or statements from the H.C. office. No news articles speculating on a person's behavior and dragging a student through the mud.
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:


I like this approach to handling suspensions a thousand percent better than them stating that he has personal righteousness issues with the Honor Code office.


Agree. No press release or statements from the H.C. office. No news articles speculating on a person's behavior and dragging a student through the mud.


x3. Way better.
M
Mars
Jay Drew says Bernard's brother says Bernard wants to transfer to Utah.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Drew said its because he doesn't want to use his redshirt. But if he transferred, wouldn't he have to sit out a year anyhow?
F
Fido
Too bad life doesn't work that way. If he transferred to Utah he would have to sit out a year anyhow. Isn't the only way he plays for someone else this year if he goes to a JC? Can't go D1 to D1 without sitting the 1 year.



BYU football survived last year's loss of Takitaki. They will survive this year's loss of Bernard.
B
BroncoBot
Well, in this case it looks like it doesn't matter how the honor code thing was approached. Looks like Bernard would have aired it out anyway. :utard:
S
scott715
This is his brother. Francis has not said anything. I have no opinion until Francis says one way or another.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.