Archived Topic

CB is officially a "ghost town"!

by CougarClaw · 1/10/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I hadn't been to the 'other' site in months and wanted to see if it was still around...and if there were anyone posting in two places...you know...double agent or something (didn't see anyone but wasn't REALLY looking)



but I did find THIS gem of a thread.



http://www.cougarblue.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=93063



I had to share. Glad I'm not posting in a 'ghost town'
C
CAFB_04-12
Bah, it's sad really. I wasn't the realists that pushed me away. It was the morons.
G
Guest
it definitely wasn't the realists, it was the trolls/steed/etc.
S
Schmoe
It was the idiot, condescending moderators that ran me off.
M
Mars


I left because of Schmoe.



Oh well, I guess I'm too lazy to change boards again...



;)
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:
I left because of Schmoe.


Yeah, he's a idiot.





Wait....I didn't type idiot! I typed idiot!
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, he's a genius.





Wait....I didn't type genius! I typed genius!

Ahh, now no one can possibly be offended!
U
urroner
Every country has a city that it likes to pick on. In America, it's Cleveland. In Russia, it's Cleveland. In Nigeria, it's Cleveland.



Schmoe, thanks for being our Cleveland. :P :P :P ;)
S
Schmoe
Hey, every village needs an idiot to make everyone else feel better about themselves, right? Happy I could help!
K
kiwibacon
I am sorry...what is CB? Am I missing something here?
Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
urroner wrote:
Every country has a city that it likes to pick on. In America, it's Cleveland. In Russia, it's Cleveland. In Nigeria, it's Cleveland.



Schmoe, thanks for being our Cleveland. :P :P :P ;)






Seriously, I worked for a place that had a contest. The winner got a week's vacation in Cleveland. 2d place was 2 weeks in Cleveland.
S
snoscythe
CougarPeasant wrote:
Every country has a city that it likes to pick on. In America, it's Cleveland. In Russia, it's Cleveland. In Nigeria, it's Cleveland.



Schmoe, thanks for being our Cleveland. :P :P :P ;)






Seriously, I worked for a place that had a contest. The winner got a week's vacation in Cleveland. 2d place was 2 weeks in Cleveland.


What's funny is that in Slovenia, the people IDOLIZE Cleveland. Seriously. It was the biggest pain being a missionary there after living in Ohio. As soon as I mentioned Ohio, I would get asked about Cleveland, asked if I knew some distant relative who had moved there some years ago. It was ridiculous.
B
BYUROCKS
Wow I posted, saying it was because they all left to CB, and they deleted my post, so I reposted it =D
I
Italics
I'd like to point out that I was the first poster on cougarblue (it was quite awhile ago) to figure out that Bengal was an idiot and block him. I'm glad the rest of you are coming around.
B
BYUROCKS
Italics wrote:
I'd like to point out that I was the first poster on cougarblue (it was quite awhile ago) to figure out that Bengal was an idiot and block him. I'm glad the rest of you are coming around.




Yup he is an idiot.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Italics wrote:
I'd like to point out that I was the first poster on cougarblue (it was quite awhile ago) to figure out that Bengal was an idiot and block him. I'm glad the rest of you are coming around.

It's sad to even consider how long the list of trolls at CB had become. Bengel and colcol are just two of dozens that had sprung up there.
I
imuakahuku
BYUROCKS wrote:
I'd like to point out that I was the first poster on cougarblue (it was quite awhile ago) to figure out that Bengal was an idiot and block him. I'm glad the rest of you are coming around.




Yup he is an idiot.


This is what troubled me. It is his exact words:



"The laugh your post provided was much needed after a morning in court where a command of the English language helped me change a 1st degree felony aggravated burglary and a 3rd degree felony aggravated assault into a 2nd degree felony burglary held in abeyance for 24 months of probation, followed (assuming good behavior) by a dismissal of the amended charge."



This is why I decided not to continue in Law School. Maybe had I gone to BYU Law as I originally planned instead of choosing a public school, I may have stayed, but after being told for the hundreth time that it wasn't about truth nor justice but who proved the better case, and to "think like a lawyer", I decided the risk was too great that I might go down that road. I wonder if the tale of Zeezrom would be appropriate here?
C
CougarClaw
imuakahuku wrote:
Italics wrote:
I'd like to point out that I was the first poster on cougarblue (it was quite awhile ago) to figure out that Bengal was an idiot and block him. I'm glad the rest of you are coming around.




Yup he is an idiot.


This is what troubled me. It is his exact words:



"The laugh your post provided was much needed after a morning in court where a command of the English language helped me change a 1st degree felony aggravated burglary and a 3rd degree felony aggravated assault into a 2nd degree felony burglary held in abeyance for 24 months of probation, followed (assuming good behavior) by a dismissal of the amended charge."


Was he a lawyer? This post takes on a completely different meaning if he's just talking about himself.
C
CougarClaw
imuakahuku wrote:

This is why I decided not to continue in Law School. Maybe had I gone to BYU Law as I originally planned instead of choosing a public school, I may have stayed, but after being told for the hundreth time that it wasn't about truth nor justice but who proved the better case, and to "think like a lawyer", I decided the risk was too great that I might go down that road. I wonder if the tale of Zeezrom would be appropriate here?


Not to change the nature of the post from the ghost-town to law-speak, but human-sized justice will always be imperfect. We need lawyers to fight for the best possible case and ignore the pre-concieved "right" from "wrong". Everyone, including the guilty, deserves a fair trial which means the lawyer doing everything he can to improve the outcome of his client. Imagine all the defensive trial lawyers believing their client was guilty (whether they were or not) and preventing everyone from getting a fair trial. That may be a hard perspective to swallow but there are plenty of temple-worth LDS lawyers so not sure it's fair to lump them all into the zeezrom category just because practice law.



Fortunately, Judges and Jury ARE the ones who have to make the moral, or otherwise, judgement calls, but I'm always in favor of lawyers presenting the best possible case and letting the jury or judge decide. it has to be that way or no one gets as close to a fair trial as we're capable.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.