Archived Topic

Preview Wisconsin 2017

by scott715 · 7/10/2017

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Wow! I really hope Wisconsin has a 1 loss season!
B
BOID
Impressive that Fiutak thinks BYU is the only team that will beat Wisconsin. I think he's on to something here, because BYU is going to have a fearsome pass-rushing D with Takitaki coming back at DE and with Fred Warner at outside LB. Wisconsin's sophomore QB is unproven, and they are likely to be very one-dimensional with their admittedly strong running game. But BYU's D, with inside LB's like Butch Pa'u will match up well in stopping the run, or at least in keeping the score low.



Meanwhile, BYU should have a big advantage in passing offense. WI's best pass rushers and DB's graduated this year. I think Mangum and the new TE's are going to do well. What's-his-name, Matt Bushman? Also, Moroni L. This should be the year that Detmer's TE passing game reaches prominence. WI's run D will be strong. BYU will have to gouge them in the passing game in order to be able to run on them. This is definitely do-able.



Can't wait for this one. Our lines are really shored up this year, both on O and D. We're not guaranteed to win, certainly, but I think this game will be exciting, with plenty of chances to pull off a surprise. If BYU can score 24 points, I think that will provide a win.
M
Mars
I could see Wisconsin only losing 1 game. Michigan.
B
BOID
I think this writer believes that BYU is more of a trap game, due to it being in Provo, where BYU is stronger, and that BYU has a more mature team (Jr's and Sr's). Also factor in that Michigan comes much later in WI's season, giving WI more time to develop key underclass men.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Hopefully 2 losses for Bucky--this is the Gophers' year to end the streak. Just like Utah's been in BYU's head since the blocked FG in 2010, Bucky's been in the Gophers' head since this blocked punt in the 2005 Axe game. Also, for this game I was sitting in the end zone stands shocked at what was happening right in front of me.



Hopefully after 2017, two rivalry streaks will be over.



[bbvideo=853,480]https://youtu.be/YPR6uNMmEpc?t=1h30m52s[/bbvideo]

https://youtu.be/YPR6uNMmEpc?t=1h30m52s
S
SpiffCoug
I feel bad for Cichy. I have no sympathy for Wisconsin.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.