Archived Topic

NFL Draft 2017

by scott715 · 4/29/2017

Advertisement
S
scott715
JW goes to Green Bay Packers in the 4th draft.
E
EM_Puma
Astonished that Puketah could have 8 players drafted and yet not even make their conference championship game. Bad coaching?
E
EM_Puma
I'd just like to see at least one more Cougar selected. Pathetic NFL run. I hope KS can really turn this team around in the sense of bringing in some NFL talent. We've accomplished quite a lot without it, so we should be awesome if we finally have the players at that talent level.
G
Guest
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.
S
scott715
Langi signs with New England. Algie Brown signs with Seahawks.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Taysom to Green Bay (sets table for BYU fan heartburn if they move him to RB)

Sae Tautu to Saints
B
byucougar1
Langi to NE is great. Will be reunited with KVN. NE will utilize the strengths of Langi, and likely he will see initial time on ST.
S
scott715
TH to Green Bay. Tautu to NO.
B
byucougar1
I don't believe that Langi was mismanaged this year. Kalani needed the best players on the field, and Langi had to switch positions to allow for Butch to play ILB. Had there been more strength on the DL, absence of Sione Takitaki and Keanu Saleapaga was significant, Langi might have remained at LB although not sure how much he would have played compared to Butch.
B
byucougar1
Having the good individual talent on a team doesn't always translate into success on the field as evidenced by Utah. They have been sending a number of talented players to the NFL with marginal success in the Pac10. What does it mean? Perhaps coaching, perhaps underachieving results, mental weakness, lack of unified team, uninspired - overconfidence, who knows. Bottom line, for as much hype at they get for beating BYU, their talent doesn't translate to a large spread on the scoreboard...less than 7 points on average. Let's see who ends up staying on the NFL teams after all is said and done. Daniel Sorenson is a great example of an UDFA from BYU, who put up great numbers at BYU pro day, and who is now a very solid starter with the Chiefs. Langi, Hill, Nacua, Eide, Tautu, Jerguens twins, all put up very good numbers and should have opportunities to at least showcase their talents.



Things will change, Kalani has instilled a family support atmosphere that is winning the hearts of many players that formerly wouldn't have considered BYU. He and the other coaches have placed an emphasis on getting the type of players that will fit in at BYU and yet be well suited by position for the NFL...see latest recruits for OL, DL, DB, safety, QB and WR.
Advertisement
S
scott715
M Davis to Chargers. K Nacua to the Browns.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.


I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.
S
SenorCougar
frdbtr wrote:
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.


I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.

Shouldn't have a hard time sticking on a NFL roster then...
S
scott715
Andrew Eide, San Francisco 49ers, Mini-Camp

Nick Kurtz, Oakland Raiders, Mini-Camp
B
Brayden Green
SenorCougar wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.


I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.

Shouldn't have a hard time sticking on a NFL roster then...


You guys are precious ...



Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.



Would it have been better for Langi's stock to ride the pine all year? It isn't about the players anymore, it is about the team. The old 'Riley is our quarterback' rules don't apply anymore.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.


I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.

Shouldn't have a hard time sticking on a NFL roster then...


You guys are precious ...



Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The

best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.



Would it have been better for Langi's stock to ride the pine all year? It isn't about the players anymore, it is about the team. The old 'Riley is our quarterback' rules don't apply anymore.

1. Except, I'd argue that Riley WAS the best player at qb for his time at BYU. In fact I think it would be easy to say Riley is to Pau'u what heaps is to Langi.

2. Did Bronco really have to come out and say that? I honestly think (and a lot of ya'll may disagree) that Bronco put the top talent on the field.
B
byufan4ever
BroncoBot wrote:
SenorCougar wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Unfortunately for Harvey Langi he was mismanaged this year, otherwise he was a clear draft pick.


I agree. Langi is a pure inside linebacker and he was bounced around the entire team all year. Finally in the bowl game he goes back to his natural position and absolutely dominated.

Shouldn't have a hard time sticking on a NFL roster then...


You guys are precious ...



Butch Pau'u > Langi . Much, much better. The

best players play (according to KS, which is something that I don't think I ever heard Bronco say in 11 years) so that left Langi out at MLB. He could play DE and we had a need there with suspensions and injuries.



Would it have been better for Langi's stock to ride the pine all year? It isn't about the players anymore, it is about the team. The old 'Riley is our quarterback' rules don't apply anymore.

1. Except, I'd argue that Riley WAS the best player at qb for his time at BYU. In fact I think it would be easy to say Riley is to Pau'u what heaps is to Langi.

2. Did Bronco really have to come out and say that? I honestly think (and a lot of ya'll may disagree) that Bronco put the top talent on the field.


+1 I was going to say the same things.
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
Jake Heaps to Raiders.

Great, now that the Raiders are Utah's team all the BYU fans can jump back on the Jake Heaps train.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.