Archived Topic

Congratulations to Gonzaga

by nuk13 · 4/4/2017

Advertisement
N
nuk13
I congratulate our worthy opponent Gonzaga on their second place finish. I wish they had won but they did better than everyone else.
A
ABYUFAN
They had a great season. Hopefully we can do the same next season
G
Guest
Gonzaga had a fantastic season. Everything to be proud of for them. I look forward to some great games next year.
S
snoscythe
Sucks it had to be lost this way:



http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3018487.1491312870!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/aptopix-final-gonzaga-north-carolina-basketball.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Gonzaga was a great team this year and lost in the finals because NC made 1 more play than they did. They were equally matched in every way. Gonzaga was the best team a BYU basketball team has ever beaten.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
I vote that the WCC give half of the money to one school - to help it rise up.



I would choose USF because it has a large student body by WCC standards (11K) and an urban location in one of the nation's largest cities. Also, the venue fits 5,300 and has room to expand as the support for the basketball program grows.



So, USF gets $990K more in its annual payout for the next 6 years and the rest of the WCC schools get about $75K less ($110K instead of $186K). USF is required to spend the full $990K each year on the basketball program to attract better coaching and enhance recruiting.



The investment would pay off if the WCC can consistently get 3-4 teams in the NCAA tournament. With 3 teams, the WCC would get 7 tournament credits with just one Sweet 16 team and 2 other Round of 64 or Round of 32 wins. With 4 teams, the WCC would get 7 credit with just one Sweet 16 team and one other Round of 64 win.
S
snoscythe
pinko commie.







TIC
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.