Archived Topic

2019 Utah State game moved to 11/2

by Fido · 3/29/2017

Advertisement
F
Fido
USU moved our 2019 conference weekend game in Logan to November 2 to make room for a LSU pay game for them (earning $1.5 mill).
J
jvquarterback
BYU needs one FBS home game in 2018, 2019, and 2020 without any away games to give up until 2021. I suppose they could be the home team at a neutral site but that would only leave 5 home games. I was hoping USU would let BYU buy out this game which would have made things a lot easier.



Expect BYU to buy three home games from the likes of NM St or Liberty (a new FBS team next year). I don't really see any alternative unless BYU only has 5 home games those years or can find a MWC team to take a home and away with the away game 4-5 years out (which only kicks the can down the road).
F
Fido
Yeah, the Aggies have no interest in letting BYU buy out the game and I'm not sure that is in BYU's best interest either. There is still a handful of teams with home games available in their OOC schedules--and with plenty of P5 games in those seasons a lesser buy game would be completely appropriate in this scenario.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.