Archived Topic

BYU NIT Game = Sell Out

by snoscythe · 3/13/2017

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
It hasn't happened yet, but I just bought my tickets, and there's nearly nothing left in the lower bowl as of 10:45 this morning, and they don't open up the tickets to students or gen pop until noon.
B
BlueK
NIT games in the MC tend to be some of our best crowds.
S
snoscythe
BlueK wrote:
NIT games in the MC tend to be some of our best crowds.


The shortened sales period (three days) forces a lower price-point, and I think that's what does it--$15 for lower bowl seating is tough to beat.
E
EM_Puma
I just bought 4 lower bowl. I'll admit too, it's a great price. There are (at this moment) 100 plus seats in the end opposite the student section. We'll probably get our usual 9-14K for BYU NIT games.



For me, I hadn't gotten to any of the games this season and so I wanted to make sure I made it to one of the local games--so this might be my last opportunity.
G
Guest
I made it out to the UVU game.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
I made it out to the UVU game.


http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/monkey.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:
I made it out to the UVU game.


Is that about the time you started your counseling sessions? Poor boy. I'm sure as heck glad that was not the game I went to this season.
E
EM_Puma
Looking at sales at this point, I'm guessing about 9.5 to 10K
G
Guest
EM_Puma wrote:
I made it out to the UVU game.


Is that about the time you started your counseling sessions? Poor boy. I'm sure as heck glad that was not the game I went to this season.


It was great to see a bunch of BYU ball players have such a fantastic game.



Unfortunately they were all BYU ball players who had transferred to UVU because they weren't good enough to stay on at BYU.
B
byufan4ever
At 12:45 I was able to get 2 tickets in the lower bowl. Excited to see this team in-person and make some noise! Go Cougs!
Advertisement
B
BlueK
10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.
B
BlueK
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I made it out to the UVU game.


Is that about the time you started your counseling sessions? Poor boy. I'm sure as heck glad that was not the game I went to this season.


It was great to see a bunch of BYU ball players have such a fantastic game.



Unfortunately they were all BYU ball players who had transferred to UVU because they weren't good enough to stay on at BYU.


I may be forgetting someone, but I think Isaac Neilson is the only one who was asked not to come back. The rest left by choice because they saw writing on the wall or something like that with the players coming back from missions. And Neilson was quoted in the paper at the time as saying he left because the coaches wanted him with his size to learn to play more under the basket instead of being an outside shooter. He got the shock of losing his scholarship and then changed his game at UVU to do what the BYU coaches (including Pope) were asking him to do in the first place. Sad when a little immaturity leads to that kind of thing, but I'm glad he's improved his game and tried to make the most of it at UVU.
E
EM_Puma
BlueK wrote:
10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.


Exactly.
E
EM_Puma
The buying fury didn't last too long yesterday and then fizzled out. I'd say we'll be lucky to sell out the lower bowl. Maybe only 7-8K. I bit reflective of how the Cougar fans feel this season.
Y
YNot
BlueK wrote:
10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.


I really wish BYU had a better system for getting butts in the seats when season ticket holders aren't going to show up. It's silly to me to see no lower-bowl tickets available online and then show up to the game and more than half of the lower-bowl seats are empty.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.