Archived Topic

BYU vs Gonzaga

by Jarhead · 2/26/2017

Advertisement
J
Jarhead
They sure are calling plenty of fouls.
J
Jarhead
Still calling 'em. WCC wants an undefeated team.
S
scott715
Horrible start for us. Cutting it down to 6 at the half, good job guys.
J
Jarhead
Williams-Goss needs to lose his shot for about 15 minutes.
J
Jarhead
What is with all of our crazy passes? Do our players even know each other?
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
Glad to see a few more calls go our way.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
It's a game. Byu by 1 at about 7:30 left. Regardless of how it ends, it's a good showing against #1 in the land.
J
Jarhead
I'm looking for a few more key makes from Emery.
J
Jarhead
This is it!!!!!
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
What the F just happened? BYU just knocked off #1 on the road! PAHAHAHA!!!!! This is awesome!
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Eric Mika on Sportscenter!
J
Jarhead
Incredible finish there! Emery stealing and putting up the final shot is a bit unsportsmanlike, but overall I think both teams kept their cool.
J
Jarhead
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
Eric Mika on Sportscenter!


Nice quote from Mika "If we could learn to do this is in other gyms we'd be alright."
S
scott715
Great win but they should had saved it for next week. I think we just locked up the NIT bid. Get to the tourney finals while knocking off SM and we are on the bubble for NCAA I think. Note that the win against SM gives us 2 top 20 wins in the last week.
J
Jarhead
This win puts the nail in the coffin of "most inconsistent regular season ever." We've never had as high of a high and we reached some amazing lows as well.
Advertisement
M
McY
Started off ugly but we came back and closed the game strong. Shut down Karnowski. Great win. Great end to reg season. Momentum going in to WCC Tourney.
J
Jarhead
Congratulations cougars on a hard fought win. We took advantage of their shooting struggles at the line and from 3 and overcame some fouls we picked up along the way.
J
Jarhead
It was awesome to see Mika drill the go ahead points, and Kaufusi really came through.
B
BroncoBot
Was going to start a thread about this, but since i didn't, I'll simply inject here.



I've had a feeling since Portland that BYU would pull off the win in Spokane. Not sure why, but a few reasons include



1. All pressure being on zags. Trying to finish 30-0 against a team that has beat you a few times has got to get in your head

2. Byu, with all their ups and downs, was bound to finally put together a decent game on the road against a good team.

3. Despite all my whining and realism about BYU this year, it was mostly a defence mechanism. I'm a huge blue goggle BYU fan at heart. So happy for coach rose and the team for another incredible win. Finish the tournament undefeated and we can punch our ticket to the big dance.



it's been a painful rebuild season which should have been semi expected, but I think we are starting to see what BYU will be capable of the next few years. And Bryant is looking better all the time as well.



Go Cougs,
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
Great win but they should had saved it for next week. I think we just locked up the NIT bid. Get to the tourney finals while knocking off SM and we are on the bubble for NCAA I think. Note that the win against SM gives us 2 top 20 wins in the last week.

Bubble? Forget about it!

just win the dang thing already!
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.