Archived Topic

How many games does BYU win?

by snoscythe · 2/10/2017

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
BYU is 17-9 and has five regular season games left--@ SanFran, home against San Diego and St Mary's, @ Portland, and @ Gonzaga.



Then we have the WCC Tourney (BYU is a #4 seed currently, meaning Gonzaga in the 2nd round).



Then is the NCAA Tourney (*snort*), NIT ("please?"), or CBI.



So the question is---how many wins will BYU finish the season with?
G
Guest
I see BYU beating 2 of 3 of San Diego, San Fran and Portland, losing the other and then losing to both St. Mary's and Gonzaga.



BYU gets knocked out in the first round of the WCC Tournament.



BYU gets knocked out of the first round of the NIT or possible falls to the CBI and wins 1 game.



That puts BYU at 19 wins, 20 if we're unlucky..
Y
YNot
BYU will go 2-for-3 against USD, @USF, and @UP. I actually honestly think BYU will beat St. Mary's in Provo. So, that will get the Cougars to 20 wins for the regular season and 11-7 in WCC.



Whether we get the 3, 4, or 5 seed in WCC tournament will depend on whether we beat USF tomorrow. Not sure what the tie breakers are if we have the same record as Santa Clara (who is also likely to finish 11-7 in WCC).



I also think BYU shows up for the WCC tournament first round game and we beat either Santa Clara or USF in Las Vegas. We lose to SMU or Gonzaga in the WCC semis. The Cougars will then get a poor seed in the NIT and lose on the road to someone like Texas Tech or Georgetown.



21-13
B
BroncoBot
I already made my prediction: HERE



Unfortunately BYU has made me stand by that prediction. To be honest, I expected a worse pre conference record, and a much better conference record/standing. I thought this team would start slow and end hot. Alas, that has not been the case. Not too late to prove me wrong! Go cougs!
J
Jarhead
I could see us winning less than 20, but I think 21 is the final total.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
beating usf was a big step in getting over that "20" win total for regular season.
S
screamineagle2
I predict 2 more WCC conference wins 2 more Conference losses 1 WCC Tourney win 1 WCC Tourney loss 1 NIT win 1 NIT loss final record 22-13. Accidentally put 23 in the poll meant 22 if someone can edit that they are welcome too otherwise I am the lone person saying 23 sorry.
G
Guest
screamineagle2 wrote:
I predict 2 more WCC conference wins 2 more Conference losses 1 WCC Tourney win 1 WCC Tourney loss 1 NIT win 1 NIT loss final record 22-13. Accidentally put 23 in the poll meant 22 if someone can edit that they are welcome too otherwise I am the lone person saying 23 sorry.

Unfortunately there's no way to edit poll results, so we'll just have to use our imagination.
S
screamineagle2
hawkwing wrote:
I predict 2 more WCC conference wins 2 more Conference losses 1 WCC Tourney win 1 WCC Tourney loss 1 NIT win 1 NIT loss final record 22-13. Accidentally put 23 in the poll meant 22 if someone can edit that they are welcome too otherwise I am the lone person saying 23 sorry.

Unfortunately there's no way to edit poll results, so we'll just have to use our imagination.

Thanks I am good using my imagination.
S
snoscythe
Whelp, they did exceed our mid-February expectations, so there is that...
Advertisement
G
Guest
hawkwing wrote:
I see BYU beating 2 of 3 of San Diego, San Fran and Portland, losing the other and then losing to both St. Mary's and Gonzaga.



BYU gets knocked out in the first round of the WCC Tournament.



BYU gets knocked out of the first round of the NIT or possible falls to the CBI and wins 1 game.



That puts BYU at 19 wins, 20 if we're unlucky..


Whelp, I got 1 right.
J
Jarhead
Jarhead wrote:
I could see us winning less than 20, but I think 21 is the final total.


All of us 21'ers were done in by BYU beating Gonzaga
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.