G
GuestCongratulations Coach Rose on your 300th win.
by hawkwing · 2/5/2017
imuakahuku wrote:
I read a lot against Rose. I think he has been a great coach. He has his weaknesses but how many Mark Few's or coach K's are there in total? I only see a very few programs that are at the top and stay there every year. Even those coaches have seasons where things don't go as expected. Mich St is a great example. KY is another. Those teams get some of the very top talent but still don't always win.
I think in 2011 we were one suspension away from the NC game and a Fredette vs Walker showdown. And I like our chances in the game. He would have taken the team farther than any other coach in BYU history. That was a huge miss but it also speaks well of the integrity of the school and the program. What other school would have acted immediately or would they have stalled the investigation until after the tourny (or in some cases swept it under the rug). Add to that the infraction was acceptable on nearly every other campus in the country (ironic that Baylor is not one of them at least as it was founded).
With BD we beat FL, VCU, and Butler going away. Then the showdown. So I give kudos to a very good coach.