Archived Topic

Al - TX

by BoiseBYU · 1/8/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Even had McCoy stayed in the game, AL would win going away. AL is toying with TX's rush defense....
B
BoiseBYU
P.S. AL needs to talk to BSU about fake punts
D
Ddawg
Alabama looks gooooood!!
B
BoiseBYU
Ummmm this thred may rank up there with Dewwy wins! Wow



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYUROCKS
Meh did not watch the game, but from what it sounds like, it was crap.
Advertisement
B
bball
Saban has his way of playing football, and he knows what he's doing. However, I think he got out coached again. Plus, had last year's Utah team, or this year's Boise State team played Alabama, I think they would have beaten Alabama...again. As long as it's a conventional game, Alabama probably wins, but get them out of their comfort zone, or make them play catch up, they aren't real impressive. Alabama's passing game was way pathetic. I was pulling for Alabama, so I'm glad they won. I'm not sure the result would have been the same with McCoy in the game.
S
snoscythe
bball wrote:
Saban has his way of playing football, and he knows what he's doing. However, I think he got out coached again. Plus, had last year's Utah team, or this year's Boise State team played Alabama, I think they would have beaten Alabama...again. As long as it's a conventional game, Alabama probably wins, but get them out of their comfort zone, or make them play catch up, they aren't real impressive. Alabama's passing game was way pathetic. I was pulling for Alabama, so I'm glad they won. I'm not sure the result would have been the same with McCoy in the game.


I disagree. Once Alabama got up, they dialed it back on offense to avoid turnovers and burn the clock to put more pressure on UT's true freshman quarterback. Texas didn't slow 'Bama down until McElroy cramped up.



I don't think McCoy in the game would have made a difference--Alabama would have played a completely different game with McCoy in the game.
S
Schmoe
BoiseBYU wrote:
Even had McCoy stayed in the game, AL would win going away. AL is toying with TX's rush defense....


You wanna try that one again there, slugger? ;)
M
Mars


Both teams looked like crap compared to Boise State and TCU.



Texas: 81 yards rushing on 28 attempts, 276 total yards, 4 interceptions, 1 lost fumble. Gilbert had a 37% passing completion rate.

Alabama: 58 yards passing! QB sacked 5 times. 0 passing Touchdowns. Outgained by Texas. 2-12 on 3rd down, 0-1 on 4th down. Almost lost to a team playing with a back-up QB who had 5 turnovers.



Another false "champion". :sick:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.