Archived Topic

New Sheriff

by Ddawg · 1/20/2017

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
It is done. Finished. 45th President Trump has been sworn in. The 70 dem congressmen that refused to attend removed themselves from history and weren't missed. They won't even be a footnote.



America is 1st again. The forgotten working Americans have a voice in the White House.
D
Ddawg
I liked Trump's inauguration speech. But, this was my favorite part:



"The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.



But that is the past and now we are looking only to the future.



We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first — America first."
N
nuk13
I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.
D
Ddawg
nuk13 wrote:
I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.


Bingo! My wife and I discussed her this morning while watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. What a loser she is. She had her 15 minutes of fame. It's over.



The "Mo' Tab's" looked and sounded great. I was so glad they were there. It's always good to put your best foot forward and promote a positive image. Keep a stiff upper lip. "Doing your duty" so to speak. The "Mo' Tab's" are now etched in history, part of a great day while "what's her face" is nothing.
M
Mars
Wow, some of you have talking-like-Trump down pat already.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
Wow, some of you have talking-like-Trump down pat already.


Need a "safe space" because you're missing Obama? :lol:
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:
I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.


Bingo! My wife and I discussed her this morning while watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. What a loser she is. She had her 15 minutes of fame. It's over.



The "Mo' Tab's" looked and sounded great. I was so glad they were there. It's always good to put your best foot forward and promote a positive image. Keep a stiff upper lip. "Doing your duty" so to speak. The "Mo' Tab's" are now etched in history, part of a great day while "what's her face" is nothing.


I thought the choir sounded great too. They are a blessing. That said, the woman who chose not to sing is not a "loser" and is not a "nothing." Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.


Bingo! My wife and I discussed her this morning while watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. What a loser she is. She had her 15 minutes of fame. It's over.



The "Mo' Tab's" looked and sounded great. I was so glad they were there. It's always good to put your best foot forward and promote a positive image. Keep a stiff upper lip. "Doing your duty" so to speak. The "Mo' Tab's" are now etched in history, part of a great day while "what's her face" is nothing.


I thought the choir sounded great too. They are a blessing. That said, the woman who chose not to sing is not a "loser" and is not a "nothing." Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.


She is a loser. No one in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was forced to go - it was voluntary. She had a choice. She quit the choir and made a BIG media production out of it because she was protesting the CHOIR participating in Trump's Inaugural. The reality is, the Choir has performed for presidents on both sides of the aisle.



If it really bothered her to perform at Trump's Inaugural - she did not have to go. Instead she chose to grand stand and climb on an artificial white horse and make a political production when the Choir is non-political.
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:


Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.


You misinterpret my blunt honesty. You want venom? Better look at the left. Yesterday an obviously lefty democrat attacked Donald Trump's 10 year old son on Twitter. Way out of line. I remember when political pundits from the GOP could not even say the name Barack Hussein Obama without being ripped. Saying "Hussein" was a BIG deal. But attacking an innocent 10 year old is Ok?



Here's the article -

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/21/snl-writer-claims-trumps-youngest-son-will-be-a-school-shooter-then-twitter-tears-into-her/
S
scott715
So that democrat is a bully.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:


Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.


You misinterpret my blunt honesty. You want venom? Better look at the left. Yesterday an obviously lefty democrat attacked Donald Trump's 10 year old son on Twitter. Way out of line. I remember when political pundits from the GOP could not even say the name Barack Hussein Obama without being ripped. Saying "Hussein" was a BIG deal. But attacking an innocent 10 year old is Ok?



Here's the article -

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/21/snl-writer-claims-trumps-youngest-son-will-be-a-school-shooter-then-twitter-tears-into-her/


Methinks you do not understand the meaning of the word honesty. Calling someone a name based on a subjective judgment is not honesty. You can disagree with the choir member's action, as do I by the way, and express your opinion to that effect. But name calling is not honesty. It is just name calling. As for the left's acts of hate (and the story you cite is repugnant), surely you are not arguing that the hateful actions of some justify hateful actions in return? I think it was Martin Kuther King who said that hate will never defeat hate. Only love will.
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:


Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.


You misinterpret my blunt honesty. You want venom? Better look at the left. Yesterday an obviously lefty democrat attacked Donald Trump's 10 year old son on Twitter. Way out of line. I remember when political pundits from the GOP could not even say the name Barack Hussein Obama without being ripped. Saying "Hussein" was a BIG deal. But attacking an innocent 10 year old is Ok?



Here's the article -

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/21/snl-writer-claims-trumps-youngest-son-will-be-a-school-shooter-then-twitter-tears-into-her/


Methinks you do not understand the meaning of the word honesty. Calling someone a name based on a subjective judgment is not honesty. You can disagree with the choir member's action, as do I by the way, and express your opinion to that effect. But name calling is not honesty. It is just name calling. As for the left's acts of hate (and the story you cite is repugnant), surely you are not arguing that the hateful actions of some justify hateful actions in return? I think it was Martin Kuther King who said that hate will never defeat hate. Only love will.


I understand the word honesty and integrity very well. I still say she was a loser - and ridiculous. Her name is Jan Chamberlin and she is dishonest. Here's why.



In her resignation letter (posted on Facebook BTW), she said: "Since 'the announcement,' I have spent several sleepless nights and days in turmoil and agony. I have reflected carefully on both sides of the issue, prayed a lot, talked with family and friends, and searched my soul. I've tried to tell myself that by not going to the inauguration, that I would be able to stay in choir for all the other good reasons. I've tried to tell myself that it will be all right and that I can continue in good conscience before God and man." "I could never look myself in the mirror again with self-respect."



And she said - "I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler.' And I certainly could never sing for him."



Never look herself in the mirror? Comparing Trump to Hitler? Posting on Facebook? This lady was not a conscientious objector - which I respect. She wanted to make a political statement.



Here's what Church spokesman Eric Hawkins said: "Participation in the choir, including the performance at the Inauguration, is voluntary. Only a limited number of choir members are participating (the number is limited by the inaugural committee), and none are required to participate."



Bottom line, she did not have to perform if she did not want to. She could have quietly resigned if the Choir performing bothered her. Instead she shouted from the rooftops, made a political statement, and got her 15 minutes of fame.
B
BroncoBot
honest question, why is trump being compared to Hitler so often? other than simply a smear tactic on trumps name by association, I don't get it. her comparison is completely inappropriate IMO.



also don't get why the choir member decided to be so dang vocal about her decision. I didn't like America's choice of BHO, but probably would have participated in the inauguration given the chance to support our country. agree with DDawg, seems like a she was trying to make as big of stink as possible which certainly isn't going to make everyone love you. I understand the criticism of how she handled it.



I agree both sides of the aisle need to cool it. but the dems (and im talking dnc leadership here) had 8 years where they did as much as they could to stir the pot and create division. it finally boiled over and VIOLA... They get trump. I don't expect the Republicans to simply forget the decisive and downright slanderous stuff that spewed from the left for the last while. sad that the left is now hell bent on being whiny crybabies which will continue america down the same chaotic road we've been travelling. more often than not, I think the left is doing it on purpose. divide and conquer.
D
Ddawg
Just curious, if 2 LDS Apostles attend Trump's inauguration, is it Ok for us common LDS folks to attend? Even the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Of course it is. I'm being a bit facetious. Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder Gary E. Stevenson represented the Church at Trump's Inauguration.



"Two Mormon Apostles to Attend 2017 US Presidential Inauguration"

"Inauguration a time to reaffirm enduring principles that have sustained the US, Elder Christofferson says"



"The First Presidency has assigned Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the U.S. presidential inauguration January 20, 2017 in Washington, D.C. Their presence continues a tradition, going back more than a century, of Mormon leadership supporting and celebrating the process that makes possible the peaceful transfer of power."



http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-apostles-2017-us-presidential-inauguration



My personal stand on this lady choosing to not attend Inauguration because Trump offends her - fine. To resign from the Choir, because the Choir participating in Trump's Inauguration is quite a stretch - but fine. But for her to go public and make it a political issue - she was wrong. Out of line. She was also way out of line comparing President Trump to Hitler. She is 100% entitled to her political feelings and act accordingly. She is not entitled to make the Mormon Tabernacle Choir a political foil.
M
Mars
It's not like she was alone in her opinion. It was an unpopular move to sing for Trump. Turned out to be a pretty addition to the proceedings though.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:
Just curious, if 2 LDS Apostles attend Trump's inauguration, is it Ok for us common LDS folks to attend? Even the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Of course it is. I'm being a bit facetious. Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder Gary E. Stevenson represented the Church at Trump's Inauguration.



"Two Mormon Apostles to Attend 2017 US Presidential Inauguration"

"Inauguration a time to reaffirm enduring principles that have sustained the US, Elder Christofferson says"



"The First Presidency has assigned Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the U.S. presidential inauguration January 20, 2017 in Washington, D.C. Their presence continues a tradition, going back more than a century, of Mormon leadership supporting and celebrating the process that makes possible the peaceful transfer of power."



http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-apostles-2017-us-presidential-inauguration



My personal stand on this lady choosing to not attend Inauguration because Trump offends her - fine. To resign from the Choir, because the Choir participating in Trump's Inauguration is quite a stretch - but fine. But for her to go public and make it a political issue - she was wrong. Out of line. She was also way out of line comparing President Trump to Hitler. She is 100% entitled to her political feelings and act accordingly. She is not entitled to make the Mormon Tabernacle Choir a political foil.


Substantively, I'm with you. My only point is that descending to name calling--labeling her a "loser" and a "nothing" is wrong. Just because the President does it, it doesn't make it right.
D
Ddawg
BoiseBYU wrote:

Substantively, I'm with you. My only point is that descending to name calling--labeling her a "loser" and a "nothing" is wrong. Just because the President does it, it doesn't make it right.


I respect you and your opinion - I understand. I get it. Where I vigorously disagree with Jan Chamberlin's actions is she made the non-political Mormon Tabernacle Choir political. I'm glad the Prophet, and the Apostles, were the adults in the room and made the correct, wise decision to attend and perform.
S
StatsCougar
BroncoBot wrote:
honest question, why is trump being compared to Hitler so often? other than simply a smear tactic on trumps name by association, I don't get it. her comparison is completely inappropriate IMO.


I believe the main reason that Mr. Trump is compared to Hitler is how they rose to power. Both ran as populists, with a nationalism undertones. That is the clear comparisons, but there are some murkier ones. Some see Trump as bringing out the worst the country: such as violent followers (which I think the US has blown out of proportion), and the racism (White Nationalist/Supremacist Neo-Nazi) supporting Trump. Most of these are fairly weak arguments and are meant to undermine the new administration and further divide the country.
D
Ddawg
StatsCougar wrote:

That is the clear comparisons, but there are some murkier ones. Some see Trump as bringing out the worst the country: such as violent followers (which I think the US has blown out of proportion) .....

Not only blown out of proportion - is was fabricated. There is video of Hillary political operatives training agitators to go to Trump rallies - and create violent situation. They were paid plants.



The truth is, Hillary supporters attacked, chased down, and beat Trump supporters trying to go to or leave a Trump rally. Hillary and her campaign were the violent, disinformation propagandists. Aided by the MSM.



Washington Times:

"Two top Democratic strategists have exited the presidential campaign after explosive undercover videos showed them discussing voter fraud and their roles in planting paid agitators at campaign events for Republican candidate Donald Trump."



http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/18/undercover-video-shows-democrats-saying-they-hire-/
D
Ddawg
BroncoBot wrote:

honest question, why is trump being compared to Hitler so often? other than simply a smear tactic on trumps name by association, I don't get it. her comparison is completely inappropriate IMO.


Let me take a "whack" at your question. Honest answer. The Hitler comparison is from Trump's political enemies and detractors. They want to demean and marginalize the man. Few things will besmirch and marginalize like comparing a politician to Hitler. It's right in there with an estranged wife (going thru a divorce process) of accusing her husband of sexually molesting her daughters and beating her. Regardless of the truth - it demeans the man.



Well, Donald Trump has been a business manager for about 4 decades. Did his detractors produce any ex or current employees that said Trump was like Hitler? Not to my knowledge. Believe me they beat the bushes looking.



Remember, this is the same crowd that skewered Mitt Romney (a Boy Scout) and made him look like Attila the Hun. It the Dem propaganda spin machine can destroy Mitt Romney's reputation(remember Harry Reid's lies on the Senate floor). Don't you think the Hitler comparison is par for the course?
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.