Archived Topic

OL Preview 2017

by scott715 · 1/17/2017

Advertisement
S
scott715
For spring practice



Starters:

Tuni Kanuch, Tejan Koroma, Ului Lapuaho, Keyan Norman, Thomas Shoaf



Other players to watch:

Kieffer Longson- was a 4 star recruit and is about the same size as Hoyt

Austin Chambers- was a 3 star recruit with multiple p5 offers

Zac Dawe- a really good athlete who at 275 lbs ran a sub 5 second 40

Chandon Herring- 3 star player with good size

JJ Nwigwe- has been in the program last 2 years and has seen action

John Vaka- Im not 100% sure he is in school yet, but he will make an impact when he does. He had multiple P5 offers and was committed to Oregon.
S
snoscythe
My feeling is that the OLine will be slightly better this year with an extra year in the system, but that the talent upgrade won't result in a huge step forward....until next season. I think 2018 is the year where the Line finally matches the hype.
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:
My feeling is that the OLine will be slightly better this year with an extra year in the system, but that the talent upgrade won't result in a huge step forward....until next season. I think 2018 is the year where the Line finally matches the hype.


If this is true, there are going to be a bunch of people calling for Tanner's backup to play this year.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
My feeling is that the OLine will be slightly better this year with an extra year in the system, but that the talent upgrade won't result in a huge step forward....until next season. I think 2018 is the year where the Line finally matches the hype.


If this is true, there are going to be a bunch of people calling for Tanner's backup to play this year.

I hope the coaches are consistent as they were last year with Taysom. Pick a starter and unless he's completely outmatched, make it work.



Having said that, who is most likely going to be backing Tanner up?
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
My feeling is that the OLine will be slightly better this year with an extra year in the system, but that the talent upgrade won't result in a huge step forward....until next season. I think 2018 is the year where the Line finally matches the hype.


If this is true, there are going to be a bunch of people calling for Tanner's backup to play this year.

I hope the coaches are consistent as they were last year with Taysom. Pick a starter and unless he's completely outmatched, make it work.



Having said that, who is most likely going to be backing Tanner up?


Tanner is and should be the guy next year no matter what the fans say, Just like Taysom was last year. My guess is that Hoge will be the backup.
Advertisement
M
Mars
I feel pretty good about the OL coming into this season.
F
frdbtr
We hear the same crap every year and every year the Oline still sucks. I will believe it when I see it.
C
CrimsonCoug
Frankly, the O-Line has underperformed since Jeff Grimes left.

I'd love to see that change this year. Or even next.

I do think this will be a good year, though. Tejan going beast mode is fun to watch, and he has some reliable wingmen with experience this time around. I'm most concerned about Shoaf at LT. Not because he's not a good lineman--he is. But he played RT last year and when he got beat, Taysom could see the rush coming and had the quicks to avoid it.

Tanner won't see that blind side rush coming and doesn't have the same level of elusiveness. And Shoaf is still young.
T
TheDean
CrimsonCoug wrote:

Frankly, the O-Line has underperformed since Jeff Grimes left.


Frankly the O-Line has under performed since O-line coach under Lavell left the year Lavell left.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.