Archived Topic

San Diego

by Gunk · 1/15/2017

Advertisement
G
Gunk
Haws came out in the 2nd and got us up by 6.



Bryant is single handedly keeping San Diego in the game. He's either driving into traffic or chucking 3s. If Rose kept him on the bench we'd be up by 6.



SD is shooting lights out from 3.



Going to be a tough game.
L
lawngnome
Was this game televised at all? Looked for about 15 minutes before giving up.
G
Gunk
We lost. We should never lose to SD. Never.



Loss is squarely on Bryant's shoulders and Rose's refusal to bench him. I've never seen a worse ball hog.



We opened the second half and went on a tear thanks to Haws. Enter Bryant and our largest lead promptly disappears thanks to a series of forced shots by Bryant. He has no business being on the court.



In the 2nd half, Bryant shot the ball every time he touched it except for once. And, at one point he lectured Haws about passing the ball. Haws. The games leading scoring and the one keeping us in the game.



I don't know what's up with Rose. But for whatever reason, he's blind to it.



We're NIT bound unless we win the WCC tournament. Thanks, Bryant.
G
Gunk
lawngnome wrote:
Was this game televised at all? Looked for about 15 minutes before giving up.

It was on Roots and streaming on WCC.tv. That's where I watched it. You didn't miss much.
B
BroncoBot
easy now. BYU has looked much better since uvsc.



...lays waiting for hawkwing to take the bait...
Advertisement
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
easy now. BYU has looked much better since uvsc.



...lays waiting for hawkwing to take the bait...

Ha!



It's just baffling to me. We get a lead with Bryant on the bench. Bryant goes into the game, the lead disappears. Bryant leaves, we keep it close. Bryant enters, the gap widens.
Q
Qman
Gunk wrote:
easy now. BYU has looked much better since uvsc.



...lays waiting for hawkwing to take the bait...

Ha!



It's just baffling to me. We get a lead with Bryant on the bench. Bryant goes into the game, the lead disappears. Bryant leaves, we keep it close. Bryant enters, the gap widens.




I didn't get to see the game but I was surprised to see that Bryant played 17 minutes, had 1 TO's and went 2-7 from the field. Based on what you said I was expecting a lot more misses and turnovers.



Also why did Mika only get 10 shots? Was he not getting touches? Did they double him everytime?
G
Guest
Haha, don't worry. Losses to sub 200 teams are perfectly normal for teams made up of 4* top 100 players, after all we have multiple this year.
B
byufan4ever
But we have a great coach.



It's ok to lose games in basketball.



We're the only team in the country playing freshman.



We'll be better next season!
G
Gunk
Qman wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
easy now. BYU has looked much better since uvsc.



...lays waiting for hawkwing to take the bait...

Ha!



It's just baffling to me. We get a lead with Bryant on the bench. Bryant goes into the game, the lead disappears. Bryant leaves, we keep it close. Bryant enters, the gap widens.




I didn't get to see the game but I was surprised to see that Bryant played 17 minutes, had 1 TO's and went 2-7 from the field. Based on what you said I was expecting a lot more misses and turnovers.



Also why did Mika only get 10 shots? Was he not getting touches? Did they double him everytime?

Just about every miss of his resulted in a 3 pointer for SD. We were up by 6 and then down by 1 in a matter of minutes the moment he entered the game.



Mika got doubled every time he got the ball. With Childs on the bench due to foul trouble, we struggled taking care of the double. LJ isn't a threat on offense, so SD doubled Mika, played pressure D on Haws and Emery and that was it.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
Haha, don't worry. Losses to sub 200 teams are perfectly normal for teams made up of 4* top 100 players, after all we have multiple this year.

IMO, we only have one 4* player on the team. Haws and Emery are not 4*, top 100 players. I don't know how they got that ranking. I surely hope they prove me wrong, but I think whomever ranked them 4* was being generous.
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:
Haha, don't worry. Losses to sub 200 teams are perfectly normal for teams made up of 4* top 100 players, after all we have multiple this year.

IMO, we only have one 4* player on the team. Haws and Emery are not 4*, top 100 players. I don't know how they got that ranking. I surely hope they prove me wrong, but I think whomever ranked them 4* was being generous.

I think a lot of it was the hype of that lone peak team they were on. They were an incredible TEAM, individually who knows. I think Shumway would have also translated into a great ncaa basketball player.



byu just isnt playing good team basketball. and teams have a good template for beating them now.
B
byufan4ever
Here's the PER from the previous San Francisco game:
SF.PNG
Mika obviously with a monster game.



Here's the San Diego game:
SD.PNG
Even though Haws had way more points Mika still has the highest PER due to rebounds, assists, blocks, and low TOs.



And the season summary:
BYU 2017-01-16.PNG
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.