G
GuestI know that is the rallying cry for BYU apologists and I understand it, I just don't believe that it's particularly valid.
With regular, run of the mill talented teams I can believe that, but lets remember, we're talking about teams here with 4+ top 100 players on them. Not your Little Sister's of the Poor team.
Why is it that several teams out there with ESPN top 100s load their rosters full of Sophmores and Freshmen and have deep NCAA tournament runs even though their players have never played basketball together.
Meanwhile, BYU has had their ESPN top 100 players not only play basketball together for the last 4 or 5 years, but have their old high school coach too and yet we don't expect a deep NCAA run with them?
With regular, run of the mill talented teams I can believe that, but lets remember, we're talking about teams here with 4+ top 100 players on them. Not your Little Sister's of the Poor team.
Why is it that several teams out there with ESPN top 100s load their rosters full of Sophmores and Freshmen and have deep NCAA tournament runs even though their players have never played basketball together.
Meanwhile, BYU has had their ESPN top 100 players not only play basketball together for the last 4 or 5 years, but have their old high school coach too and yet we don't expect a deep NCAA run with them?

