Archived Topic

Patrick Kinahan a voice of reason?

by frdbtr · 1/11/2017

Advertisement
G
Guest
I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.


Monson doesn't have moments of clarity so I don't read him. PK goes back and forth. It is your prerogative to not read but this is a good and fair article for BYU.
I
Isola
hawkwing wrote:
I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.

I accidentally clicked on this article and read the first three paragraphs. Then a bad odor started filling the room and I thought "who wrote this?" I scrolled up to find what I already knew at that point.



That happens every time I stumble across something PK writes. It isn't the subject, since I clicked on the article after reading the headline. PK has a troll tone.
F
frdbtr
Isola wrote:
I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.

I accidentally clicked on this article and read the first three paragraphs. Then a bad odor started filling the room and I thought "who wrote this?" I scrolled up to find what I already knew at that point.



That happens every time I stumble across something PK writes. It isn't the subject, since I clicked on the article after reading the headline. PK has a troll tone.


You have to read it all the way to the end to get the message he is trying to give. If you read the first 3 paragraphs (where he quotes Monson's crap), you miss the entire point of his article.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I didn't think it was a bad article. Nice to hear from Cleveland. I trust that guy.



The biggest issue with this team and Rose's teams for the last 5 years is defense.
B
BlueK
the next five are all games we're supposed to win. If BYU just takes care of business one by one they'll be 18-5, going into the Gonzaga game, which will be their best record after that many games since 2012. With a strong inside game and Bryant emerging as the third key player on the guard line, I think this team is better equipped than the recent past ones to avoid the upsets from the WCC bottom 7.
1
1967cougar
Will someone please summarize the article for me. When I see the names Monson and Kinihan, I have to go wash my eyes out with bleach.
B
BlueK
The article can be summed up in one quote from Steve Cleveland and a sentence from Kinahan.



Cleveland:

“The idea that there’s a loose ship or that there’s a circumstance where practice is unorganized or there just isn’t an attention to detail, that is absolutely not true,” Cleveland said. “You don’t do what this group has done over the past 11 or 12 years without having an attention to detail or a plan.”



Kinahan:

In reality, expectations for BYU this season were unreasonable considering the group’s inexperience. The starting lineup is comprised of two freshmen, two sophomores and one senior who transferred into the program for his last season.





On another BYU fan board that can remain nameless, it seemed like yesterday afternoon leading into the game it was full-on attack Dave Rose mode. Most of it was ridiculous. Today after last night's game it has calmed down. I appreciate that on this site everyone is respectful and can discuss different points of view without getting carried away to the same level of negative nonsense as over there.
S
scott715
We're older and wiser.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:
We're older and wiser.

I don't know about the rest on this board, but when I started at BYU we went 2 - 25. As much as I complain, it could and has been a lot worse.
B
BroncoBot
Definitely could be a lot worse.



I think Dave rose deserves as much leash as he wants



this is a young team that was really overhyped. it's why I had my expectations low. they've exceeded some expectations, and frustrated me as a fan at the same time.
B
byufan4ever
Gunk wrote:
We're older and wiser.

I don't know about the rest on this board, but when I started at BYU we went 2 - 25. As much as I complain, it could and has been a lot worse.


So if I started at BYU during the Crowton era then Bronco is a savior and should have also had a long leash. Yet many people on here were constantly calling for his head and were quite glad when he left.
1
1967cougar
Gunk wrote:
We're older and wiser.

I don't know about the rest on this board, but when I started at BYU we went 2 - 25. As much as I complain, it could and has been a lot worse.

I think that was 1-26. Tony Engle took the program over and did his best. IIRC the situation was caused when Shawn Bradley unexpectedly went pro after his mission. It was too big a hole to fill and we hadn't recruited for it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.