S
scott715Archived Topic
College Footballâs Financial Woes
by scott715 · 1/9/2017
Advertisement
N
nuk13I only read the 6th article but to me things have gotten out of hand. There are 10 coaches making $4.5 million or more. Meyer, Saban and Harbaugh are all over $6 million with Harbaugh making a whopping $9 million! They are a contrast to Lavell Edwards. It makes me even more appreciative of him and his integrity. I think these high budget schools should play each other and let the rest form other conferences where there is a more sane approach to finances. This kind of thing takes a lot of fun out of it. College should be a place to learn how to make a living and learn as much as possible about life. It will be interesting to see if this lasts.
I
IsolaI've posted this before, but I would not be opposed to the top programs splitting and forming their own league. Let Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas and so on form a sort of semi-pro league of the ultimate "haves". I am getting sick of the arms race. It is sickening.
I've got a co-worker who is a North Dakota State alumn and he is a happy camper with his team being a power house FCS team. I don't want BYU to be FCS, but if being in the top echelon of college football means having to spend like Alabama, then I can live not being top echelon. Let the top schools leave and return college football to amateur sport played by actual student athletes.
I've got a co-worker who is a North Dakota State alumn and he is a happy camper with his team being a power house FCS team. I don't want BYU to be FCS, but if being in the top echelon of college football means having to spend like Alabama, then I can live not being top echelon. Let the top schools leave and return college football to amateur sport played by actual student athletes.
N
nuk13I agree with you Isola. I am still a Montana Grizzly fan having grown up there. They are as entertaining to watch as the bigger schools and often are more fun to watch until this year.
S
SpiffCougIsola wrote:
I've posted this before, but I would not be opposed to the top programs splitting and forming their own league. Let Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas and so on form a sort of semi-pro league of the ultimate "haves". I am getting sick of the arms race. It is sickening.
I've got a co-worker who is a North Dakota State alumn and he is a happy camper with his team being a power house FCS team. I don't want BYU to be FCS, but if being in the top echelon of college football means having to spend like Alabama, then I can live not being top echelon. Let the top schools leave and return college football to amateur sport played by actual student athletes.
Have a division where players are majoring in football?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

