Archived Topic

Jay Drew?

by BoiseBYU · 12/30/2016

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
As someone who bends negative against BYU unfairly--remember the cheap shot Drew took against Nacua after the Poinsettia Bow?--why follow his twitter? He's unfair and partial. I'd urge this site to quit following the troll.
S
scott715
Who?
1
1967cougar
I actually enjoy following Jay. Can't say why, but I do. When he makes one of those uncalled for comments, I usually say to myself, "C'mon Jay. You can do better than that" - and then get on with my life. The one I can't stand is Kinihan. At least Drew reports; Kinihan slanders.
S
SpiffCoug
Like last night where he tweeted that the MC was pretty empty at tip-off. But then never followed up that there were more than 17,000 in attendance. He took a swipe at BYU for no reason. Guy is a tool.



Yes, he does report, but he's negative towards BYU.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I stand corrected, but the first tweet was unnecessary.
F
Fido
I don't know why people get so bent out of shape over media guys who don't only post glowing reviews of BYU. Just move on.
S
SpiffCoug
It's the constant unnecessary digs at the program. Of those three tweets, only one was necessary.
B
BoiseBYU
Of course we can move on Fido. And I'm not going to go into some deep depression if Drew keeps trolling. And and I do not need to only read glowing reviews of BYU sports. Honest critiques are valuable. But we have a finite amount of people to follow here and why choose to have one of them be the troll that Drew is? I am not as bothered by the attendance tweet as the shot he took at Nacua. Nacua owned up to the mistake took his punishment like a man and finished strong as an athlete. What does Drew do? Gratuitously dredge up Memphis. That is trolling and inexcusable. And (I know too many ands in this post) it is not his first time trolling either. I'm tired of it, in fact disgusted by it and hope we opt to drop the troll.
1
1967cougar
The Nacua shot was uncalled for. But Jay has played golf at every course in Utah. Ya gotta give the guy a little longer leash for that. I am envious of him for that experience. I enjoyed the reports he made of those experiences as well. But, I am getting old (67). And when you get old, you tend to mellow out a little bit - sorta lose the edge you once had. At least Jay doesn't praise the Pukes all the time and attempt to relegate the Y to "little brother" status.
Advertisement
F
Fido
If Jay Drew bothers so much, the best thing you can do is ignore him. It's the clicks and hits on his articles that he is going for as that is how he demonstrates value. That people care about his stories--not that they agree with his stories.
I
Isola
SpiffCoug wrote:
It's the constant unnecessary digs at the program. Of those three tweets, only one was necessary.

I'm curious which tweet was necessary.



Jay Drew has +25,000 tweets and I'd be surprised if any of them were necessary.



The guy is constantly attempting to produce content. Hence 3 tweets about attendance at a basketball game. That series included at worse two minor slights (lots of empty seats, lots of late-comers) and I don't doubt that they are true.



As for the tweet about Nacua, several times after interceptions this year I've thought "Boy, I'm happy he got his head on straight and that the Miami Bowl was the exception for him as a player." The team had lost 3 straight bowl games including that nasty brawl. Now his senior season ended with a bowl win that he sealed with a pick. I don't have a problem pointing out how far he has come, from his low point, to his current high.



Kinihan on the other hand...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.