Archived Topic

2016 Poinsettia Bowl

by Ddawg · 12/21/2016

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Kick-off is 7 hours away in San Diego.

BYU is a 10 point favorite over Wyoming.

The Over/Under is 56 points. Expect a wild game.

There are about 400 (396 to be exact) tickets available on StubHub. Ranging from $28 to $999 ea.

Wyoming is no slouch this year.



Let's go Cougar Nation!

Go Cougs!
S
snoscythe
You there?
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
You there?

No. I'm here in So. Cal at home. Raining right now. Not going to the game. Thought about it. Would rather save 4 hours on the road and support the Cougs from my Family Room with my 30 oz Yeti cup full of Coke Zero and a big bag of Frito scoop chips. Ha ha!



I have high expectations for TM and the Cougs tonight. I expect it to be a very tough game.
E
EM_Puma
I have a feeling, from the lack of true excitement on the Cougar sports boards, that this will be one of our least attended bowl games in awhile. I've not seen that usual level of shout-outs among the fans of what seats they will be in, etc. I know I'm probably sounding like a recording, but I believe it has everything to do with Wyoming as our opponent, and that has nothing to do with the fact that I believe the fans respect Wyoming's potential to beat BYU. It's still Wyoming and we simply do not have the proper respect of the actual school, which dates back many, many decades.



I only hope the team, who generally doesn't have this same background as many of the Cougar fans, don't take this game lightly. Personally as a fan, this season I've seen too many opportunities to win where my Cougars haven't risen enough to the occasion and have lost a close game.



To me, it feels that same with with BB this season.



I'm expecting a win, but I won't be surprised if Wyoming pulls an upset. I'm afraid they have a bit much more invested in a win.
D
Ddawg
EM_Puma wrote:

I'm expecting a win, but I won't be surprised if Wyoming pulls an upset. I'm afraid they have a bit much more invested in a win.


Grrrrrr ...... I think your assessment is spot on.



I know Wyoming is good this year. (Hey, they beat both Boise St. and San Diego St. in close games (lost their 2nd match-up to San Diego St.). I remember Wyoming being a doormat forever. Not any more. This year they are very tough. I hope The Cougs are mentally up for the game. I think mistakes and turnover could be the difference tonight.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Can't help it - those Wyoming uniforms are just dang UGLY.
F
frdbtr
so Wyoming just ran right over BYU's defense for that touchdown.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Nick Kurtz is apparently covered in feces.
S
Sammich
Stupid lowering his head there. Glad for the interception after, negating the stupid play.
D
Ddawg
Sammich wrote:
Stupid lowering his head there. Glad for the interception after, negating the stupid play.


Ditto. The slide was obvious.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Ha! Kai Nacua - he's good eh? (Nice interception)
F
frdbtr
Now they are throwing all over our defense. I hope the offense shows up on the next drive or we lose this game.
B
BroncoBot
that second half gives me a lot less confidence heading into 2017. ugly, ugly, ugly.
F
frdbtr
Our passing game still sucks. If we don't get our receivers fixed in the off season, next year will be a very long year.
F
frdbtr
Moroni Laulu pututau (or however the hell you spell his name) needs to be cut from the team. His uniform was perfectly white at the end of that game.
Advertisement
S
Sammich
I love that it all ended with a Nacua interception. I love less that Wyoming was able to claw their way back into the game. But they looked like a good team, regardless as to what credit they get for it. So I'm grateful for the win.
E
EM_Puma
What a sloppy game! I was not impressed with several QB decisions that Tanner Mangum made. The kid has Karma to get away with what he does.
F
frdbtr
EM_Puma wrote:
What a sloppy game! I was not impressed with several QB decisions that Tanner Mangum made. The kid has Karma to get away with what he does.


It worked last year because we had receivers that bailed him out. This year and next year we will not IMO. At least I don't see anyone on the roster who will do it and we don't have a receivers coach anymore that is going to coach the receivers into some toughness.
F
Fido
Observations:

- Jamal Williams is a beast and will be missed.

- Mangum needs to sharpen his decision-making. There were several questionable throws including that ricochet ball that Balderee ended up catching. That sack on BYU's last drive was horrific.

- The defense was stout--but didn't get to the QB much. Couldn't get off the field on several long Wyoming drives. Overall good effort, and key to winning the game (Kai Nacua--who will also be missed).

- Add Hanneman to the list of guys who need to stop being reckless and picking up targeting calls. Those really hurt the team. His targeting ejection was in the 2nd half so he should miss the first half of the Portland State game.

- WTH Francis Bernard.....

- Moroni Laulu-Pututau needs to get his head on straight. Bonehead penalties at critical times really hurt. It could be overlooked a bit if he was far more productive than he was this year.



Looking forward to signing day and the march toward the spring game! Go Cougars!
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Our passing game still sucks. If we don't get our receivers fixed in the off season, next year will be a very long year.

Reinforces the reasons why Taysom was never benched. There was more wrong with the offense this year than QB play.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.