Archived Topic

Hey Rasta!

by Mars · 1/7/2010

Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
Mars wrote:


Can you tell us anything more about this kid (Josh Weeks) and/or his school (Show Low, 3A)?

http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/index.php?p=8626&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1


I honestly don't know much about him. 3A is a really small division. In Arizona the biggest schools are 5A1 then it goes 5A2, 4A1, 4A2, 3A, 2A, 1A. I know they take their football pretty seriously in Eastern Arizona where this kid's school is located. There have been a few decent LDS players to come out of his area like Dustin Johnson (FB and TE for BYU) and Marcus Bell (LB for University of Arizona and the Seattle Seahawks). He is the only small school kid to make the All Arizona team (other than the punter). That in and of itself is impressive. The fact he is a sophomore makes it amazing.
F
faikava
Hey guys I know the kid personally and he does have a ton of upside. There's a Nike Combine that he will attend this summer in Utah at the ALA Academy June 16, 2010.
B
BerliNY
Dude goes 6'4" 190 lbs as a Sophomore ..... in High School? And makes the All-Arizona team coming out of a small school in nowheresville!?



Let me just check my calendar that it's not April 1 .... ok .... I'm sold, where do I sign?
M
Mars
faikava wrote:
he does have a ton of upside. There's a Nike Combine that he will attend this summer in Utah at the ALA Academy June 16, 2010.

What town is that in?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
he does have a ton of upside. There's a Nike Combine that he will attend this summer in Utah at the ALA Academy June 16, 2010.

What town is that in?


ALA is in Spanish Fork, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder why they're doing it there.
F
faikava
Tidwell called his high school coach Randy Ricedorff a week ago to talk specifically about his 6'4 wr. Tidwell went on to say that they were definitely interested, but would like to see him in the Nike Combine this summer. The combine is free, all you have to do is meet the requirements necessary and register. I wonder what other D1 prospects will be at that specific camp mid-summer?



Josh attended BYU football camp his freshman yr. and also last summer before the start of his soph. campaign. He did grab the attention of wr coach Pat Higgins. Coach Higgins kept asking Josh, "are you going to be a jr. this year, or a soph? Josh would reply "a soph." For the sake of thoroughness, Coach Higgins asked him a different question. "So you're done with your soph. year and are going to be a jr. this year? Josh answered, "I was a freshman last year, this will be my soph. year." He made quite the impression on coach Higgins that he went over to meet Josh's dad and tell him, "will be keeping an eye on this one." Apparently they have.



Now his skills are raw, but the sky's the limit. He needs an experienced position coach to really show him how to be a true wr. He's never played wr until his freshman yr. QB was his natural position, but I think he's found his place at the split end position. Well, at least for now. To get to know the kid and the school he plays for, check out http://www.fnfshow.com
C
CougarPride
I live in the Show Low area and follow SL football closely. The Weeks kid is absolutley the real deal. A legit 6'4 with extremely long arms and huge hands...will top out at 6'5-6'6...and somewhere in the 210-220 lb range. He lacks the open field moves and quickness but has tremendous excelleration (4.6 40yd as a soph)...he was the 3rd leg on AZ's 3rd fastest 400m relay team. Has improved getting off the ball and is extremely physical. A lot of top teams tried to jam him and he destroyed them time and time again. He will only get bigger, faster, and stronger and I see his ability to make plays after the catch really get better. Right now he just beats people up at the line and out runs everybody over the top. Has great intangibles....4.0 student, great family, and a tremendous work ethic and desire to get better. He's not a bad hoopster...1st team all region as a frosh and led the region in rebounding. If BYU's keeps the same system, you could see this kid become one of BYU's all time greats in 5-6 years (dont forget he still has 2 years left and his mission).
M
Mars
CougarPride wrote:
He lacks the open field moves and quickness but has tremendous excelleration

Bronco is always looking for a kid who can excel on and off of the field.
D
Ddawg
CougarPride wrote:

..... He was the 3rd leg on AZ's 3rd fastest 400m relay team. Has improved getting off the ball and is extremely physical. A lot of top teams tried to jam him and he destroyed them time and time again. He will only get bigger, faster, and stronger and I see his ability to make plays after the catch really get better. Right now he just beats people up at the line and out runs everybody over the top.


I like this kid!!!! Again - in Bronco - I trust this guy. He has great antennae for finding talent!! Like sonar & radar & a good huntin' dog all at once.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.