Archived Topic

41 stinking bowls

by KingCoug · 12/17/2016

Advertisement
B
bamf3000
KingCoug wrote:
I wish some terrorist would blow up that stadium.


I know you're just saying it in jest, but wtf is wrong with you? It's effing football you drama queen.
1
1967cougar
bamf3000 wrote:
I wish some terrorist would blow up that stadium.


I know you're just saying it in jest, but wtf is wrong with you? It's effing football you drama queen.

Oh oh. Somebody is a little "sen-si-tive."
B
bamf3000
1967cougar wrote:
KingCoug wrote:
I wish some terrorist would blow up that stadium.


I know you're just saying it in jest, but wtf is wrong with you? It's effing football you drama queen.

Oh oh. Somebody is a little "sen-si-tive."


Ya..I'm sensitive cause saying you want a stadium blown up for football is cool. Go kiss a Ute.
K
KingCoug
The last part was tongue-in-cheek for effect. The point is the current post season system in DI college football is a joke. Dozens of meaningless, pointless, stupid bowls that are nothing more than just one more game. Even the NY6 bowls are now relatively meaningless except with more money involved. So many other team sports in college, including DII football, have a legit playoff system. But the biggest of them all - DI football - uses this abomination.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Bowl games are stupid.
G
Guest
I may be in the minority, but I like bowl games. I've already watched 3 and enjoyed them.



I'd much prefer watching a 32 team playoff, but since that won't happen I'll enjoy more college football. It gives me something to do now that our basketball season is over.
B
byufan4ever
I love the bowl games too. Just makes it different and fun from the NFL.



And it's always tasteless to wish death upon someone. I'm with bam on that one. It's like telling someone to go kill themselves and then say but I put a wink or it was in jest. No. You just don't do that. Classless.
M
Mars
Agree with the above poster, on both counts.
K
KingCoug
byufan4ever wrote:
I love the bowl games too. Just makes it different and fun from the NFL.



And it's always tasteless to wish death upon someone. I'm with bam on that one. It's like telling someone to go kill themselves and then say but I put a wink or it was in jest. No. You just don't do that. Classless.


I wished death on the stadium. Not on someone.



And the current bowl system is like when you were a kid and everybody got a trophy for participating. It's lame. It's hollow. It's meaningless. And it needs to be fixed.



I'd much rather have my Cougars sit at home in the post season, and not go to some bowl named after a plant species, if it meant there was a system in place where they had an actual chance to play for the national title.



But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe I just failed to recognize the excitement of New Mexico vs UTSA in the New Mexico Bowl. Cause this is really what it's all about, right? :roll:


new-mexico-bowl-stupid-trophy.jpg
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.