Archived Topic

Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

by Mars · 12/7/2016

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Lots of whining going on there. While I disagree that Tanner is a bad QB, I can see where he is coming from on the jump balls to tall receivers. There were a lot of poorly thrown balls last year that MM and Blackmon simply went up and got. Having said that, Tanner was a freshman straight off his mission last year and played well for the most part, I am hoping that his improvement over the off season makes up for the poor receiver play we have had this year. I am also hoping that someone will put some toughness into our receivers next year, if that means getting a new receivers coach, that is what I am hoping for.
S
snoscythe
USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC


http://webpages.charter.net/trussell/pictures/ROTFLOL.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Thank goodness for brave Craig Thompson standing up to BYU and not letting them come back to the MWC!
V
vancouvercougar
snoscythe wrote:
USU has the Utah TV market secured for the MWC


http://webpages.charter.net/trussell/pictures/ROTFLOL.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm not sure USU has the whole Utah tv market, but I think they have the Ogden market secured. :P
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
All this crap is exactly what I didn't want to see in a bowl opponent. Wyoming could beat BYU. I see that. I believe we're the better team, just on the feeling of what I've seen in our team and in the fact that only 8 points separate us from being 12-0. Sure, we were too close in some that we did win, but easily 2 of our 4 losses could have turned our way.



There just is no big satisfaction in beating Wyoming. It doesn't take me anywhere and a loss is totally humiliating. I've personally not known any foul Wyoming fans as the ones that travel in my sphere are decent and good people. At the same time, while I've wanted to travel to a Wyoming game, all the stories have scared me away from doing such.
B
byufan4ever
I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL
F
Fido
byufan4ever wrote:
I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL

To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".



I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.
A
ABYUFAN
Fido wrote:
I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL

To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".



I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.

Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.
M
Mars
Wyoming did beat Boise State.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:
Wyoming did beat Boise State.


http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/932/745/9cc.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
Fido
ABYUFAN wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:
I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL

To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".



I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.

Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.

That AND "The Project" was going to pull a couple of schools from the MWC to the WAC with BYU before that plan disintegrated and Craig Thompson got a couple WAC schools to jump to the MWC instead. So they view it as BYU tried to burn the place down on the way out. If you buy that version of how it went anyhow.
A
ABYUFAN
Fido wrote:
Fido wrote:
I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL

To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".



I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.

Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.

That AND "The Project" was going to pull a couple of schools from the MWC to the WAC with BYU before that plan disintegrated and Craig Thompson got a couple WAC schools to jump to the MWC instead. So they view it as BYU tried to burn the place down on the way out. If you buy that version of how it went anyhow.


The way I recall it, BYU was alone going to rejoin the WAC in Olympic sports and be independent in football. USU was going to stay in the WAC, but the MWC recruited them to leave the WAC for the MWC torpedoing BYU's plan (which honestly the WCC is a better conference than the old WAC anyway)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.