Archived Topic

Reno Mahe's Daughter

by byufan4ever · 11/28/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
This is very sad.
F
frdbtr
This is horribly sad and my prayers are for Reno and his family. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for them even with the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. I have 2 little daughters and it would destroy me to lose one of them.
V
vancouvercougar
I love this family. Both parents are BYU athletes.

I was surprised to see Reno coaching Saturday night with this happening to his family. I've been thinking about them all weekend long.
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
Oh man. That picture. May the Lord continue to comfort this family as He executes His plan.
C
Cougs_Rule
There are occasional if not rare times when public figures faith amidst tragedy strengthen the faith of so many others. This is one of those times. Not that God caused this tragedy but certainly--



3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. (New Testament, John, John 9)



What an inexpressibly sad time for the Mahe family. And, what they have done to lift others and testify of Gods love, mercy, and greater plan, is without a doubt what all professed Christians and God-loving people should emulate.
N
nuk13
I heard it on the hourly Fox News radio broadcast. What a beautiful little girl. What an example from this family. They will be reunited.
B
BoiseBYU
A beautiful little girl and a beautiful family. Gloriously, there is the beautiful news of the Gospel to assuage the loss in times like this. May the Mahe family have peace and comfort that comes from Jesus Christ.
Advertisement
M
McY
Immensely sad and moving at the same time. Thoughts and prayers.
N
nuk13
hawkwing wrote:
https://twitter.com/criddler21/status/804197502832361472


I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all, rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.
N
nuk13
nuk13 wrote:
https://twitter.com/criddler21/status/804197502832361472


I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.
G
Guest
nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
https://twitter.com/criddler21/status/804197502832361472


I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.


I haven't seen anyone say they thought it was sacrilegious, I must have missed that. I don't think it is either.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
https://twitter.com/criddler21/status/804197502832361472


I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.


I haven't seen anyone say they thought it was sacrilegious, I must have missed that. I don't think it is either.


Read her tweet. She is the one that used the word "sacreligious", "I hope that it is not sacreligious to compare [her relationship with Elsie to Heavenly Father's relationship with Christ]."
Advertisement
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
nuk13 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
https://twitter.com/criddler21/status/804197502832361472


I don't see what she said as sacrilegious at all. Rather I see it as following our Savior's great example. This incident, in spite of much sorrow, will bring them and many others closer to the Lord.


I haven't seen anyone say they thought it was sacrilegious, I must have missed that. I don't think it is either.


Read her tweet. She is the one that used the word "sacreligious", "I hope that it is not sacreligious to compare [her relationship with Elsie to Heavenly Father's relationship with Christ]."


Ahh, thank you. That's right. I had read it last night and forgotten it was in there.
F
Fido
There was nothing sacrilegious in her tweet. The only slightly cringe-worthy thing for me is just the "in whom I am well pleased" in talking about her daughter. But admittedly that is just my personal pet peeve. For me it runs in the same vein as the signs when a missionary returns home that say "well done, thou good and faithful servant". Or the quote "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" attributed to the Savior (so exactly which New Testament book is that found in?). I know the scriptural (or not) phrases are being used to try and express a sentiment they feel, but it feels out of place and forced to use scriptural language to express personal feelings. That's just me though and I would never condemn someone for doing so. But it might make me grin and shoot a knowing glance at my wife however. haha
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.